2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 90K
  • Politics 
I've always thought Trump picked Vance because of his celebrity status and thought they would form some glam campaign that was so cool that they couldn't lose. Little did he know that Vance wasn't even B list celebrity status but JV.

Compare that to the Harris campaign, who did did their due diligence and picked a little known Minnesota Governor but hit it out of the park.
He picked him for that sweet sweet VC money.

Of course Trump tries to propagandize this exchange because he has never told (or understood) a joke in his life and seems completely devoid of a funny bone.
I always remember hearing Larry King interviewed on an ESPN radio show. He recounted how he had attended many boxing matches over the years where Trump was in attendance. King said he NEVER heard Trump laugh at anything. King noted how weird that was. He concluded that Trump had no sense of humor.

FWIW I *think* he said "she's so fucking bad" not "she's a fucking bitch" but I'm sure he has and does call her that. I just don't think he did it here. But his comments about Biden made him look bad enough as is.

The messaging flip is THE big campaign story.
That's probably why the press has their quill and pen panties in a wad - the press had little to do with the 180° in messaging momentum. It was completely organic. The people simply decided that they had had enough of Dystopia Donald and wanted a return to likable and normal. And have some fun.

FWIW I *think* he said "she's so fucking bad" not "she's a fucking bitch" but I'm sure he has and does call her that. I just don't think he did it here. But his comments about Biden made him look bad enough as is.

Btw, I head the same thing you did but then he says something under his breath after that. I listened to a few times and couldn't make it out, so maybe that's where he said it?

Back