Bryce Young

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 148
  • Views: 3K
  • Sports 
David Tepper is so loathsome. He has single-handedly destroyed a franchise that was, pound for pound, as popular as any in the NFL during the early and mid 2010s. The worst part about the current plight of the franchise is that there’s no sunny days over the immediate horizon. It’s probably going to get worse before it gets better.

We lived near New Orleans for 5 years, and my son became a Saints fan while we were there. I was looking at buying tickets to the game in Charlotte in November, but the way things are going for the Panthers, I might hold off until late October when I could probably get tickets cheaper than I’ll pay for parking.

David Tepper is so loathsome. He has single-handedly destroyed a franchise that was, pound for pound, as popular as any in the NFL during the early and mid 2010s. The worst part about the current plight of the franchise is that there’s no sunny days over the immediate horizon. It’s probably going to get worse before it gets better.
It's to the point where I hope he moves the team...

Yeah I think it will be a few years before the NFL gives us a new team. And hopefully we keep the name/logo. But if that's the only way to get rid of Tepper, so be it.

Yeah I think it will be a few years before the NFL gives us a new team. And hopefully we keep the name/logo. But if that's the only way to get rid of Tepper, so be it.
I'd be happy to lose the name. "Panthers" sounds like a high school team. We are the Panthers because one of Jerry Richardson's sons liked it.

I would love a do-over.

This stretch of futility by the Panthers has given me newfound respect for fans of franchises like the Lions and Browns lol.

Midway through the 2018 season is the last point in time that the Panthers were a respectable team. While 6 years feels like a long time in a lot of ways, some of these other fan bases have had stretches of uninterrupted futility that lasted twice as long.

Of course we are on track to get to that level of futility eventually. Even a best case scenario rebuild to get from where the panthers are now to an above .500 team would take at least more 3 seasons, and I don’t trust our front office at all to pull that off.

No. Stop that kind of talk. That’s cutting of your nose to spite your face.

It was well-documented that Reich and staff preferred Stroud. By a good margin, too. To the front office's credit, Young was seen by everyone as a consensus top-5 pick coming out of Alabama, even with his physical deficiencies. But man, were they blaring alarm bells in hindsight.

Stroud's performance vs. Georgia in the 2023 playoff solidified it for me, personally. Young never put anything remotely close to that on film.

You'd hope this whole thing would be a humbling experience for Tepper - that he'd focus more on hiring the most football-savvy staff/personnel he can and let them make the football decisions.

I have my doubts.

He's got the physique of a high school QB
One of my buddies who was out with his wife and another couple saw him at a Charlotte restaurant back when he was first drafted - and my buddy didn't even recognize him. The other guy said "Hey, there is Bryce Young" - to which my buddy replied "That 16-year old short guy that just walked by?"...

Biggest QB bust in NFL history. Not surprising the Panthers (with Tepper) are right in the middle of it. Tepper only cares about the soccer team, the Panthers just help him to pass the time.

I'd be happy to lose the name. "Panthers" sounds like a high school team. We are the Panthers because one of Jerry Richardson's sons liked it.

I would love a do-over.
Bankers would make the old country Pubs in Charlotte happy

Guess he's not their QB anymore.

That's interesting. Given how bad Young has been, it seems you'd want to keep playing him to either give him time to figure out his issues or to do everything possible to lock down next year's overall first draft pick.

That's interesting. Given how bad Young has been, it seems you'd want to keep playing him to either give him time to figure out his issues or to do everything possible to lock down next year's overall first draft pick.
At some point you need to evaluate the other offensive players and what they may be able to do with maybe competent QB play. Now Dalton could come in and stink it up too, that is the chance you take.

At some point you need to evaluate the other offensive players and what they may be able to do with maybe competent QB play. Now Dalton could come in and stink it up too, that is the chance you take.
That’s the only possible rationale, unless Bryce asked to sit for a bit because even he knows he’s not mentally in place to do the job. I happen to think the latter is more likely, but that would never be made public.

I don't think Dalton will be great, but he can at least drive the ball downfield and he presents a theoretical passing threat. It seemed like 90% of Young's passes were under five yards, and the other 10% were thrown into contested coverage down the middle.

Unquestionably the right move. Hate it, but Young's been abysmal. Some of the most limpdick QB play I've ever witnessed. He's scrawny, slow, short, and his throws lack velocity. Their offense with him at the helm poses no risk to any NFL defense.

Wonder what Tepper thinks of this move?

Back