College Football Catch-All Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 300
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
I thought the game was exciting . . 13 - 12 regardless of it being in or out of conference ! So, yes sir, I did indeed rate it as an EXCITING game.
Did you watch it to the end . . ?

Yes, my thought process was that I did not think there was any way Kentucky could score a touchdown so as soon as Georgia did, it was going to be too much.

Georgia played very poorly on offense IMO

Yes, my thought process was that I did not think there was any way Kentucky could score a touchdown so as soon as Georgia did, it was going to be too much.

Georgia played very poorly on offense IMO
OK
So . . You did watch a game to the very end and yet you want to categorize it as a "snoozefest" . . ? What was keeping you awake . . ?

The idea is they pay more to members whose football games are on TV more. I'm sure it will have a better chance of keeping FSU and Clemson in the conference and keep the ACC viable but I'm not sure its great for UNC or GaTech.

I think a lot of schools are going to say enforce the current deal and let FSU and Clemson sue.

A source familiar with the matter told Tomahawk Nation the league’s Grant of Rights would need to be shortened to 2030 as part of the deal in order to get buy in from FSU and Clemson. That year coincides with the Big Ten’s next television contract renewal.
ACC says
"oh sure why didn't we think of that . Hey should the League also pay for Norvels buyout"

Hopefully this means UNC is going to bolt in 2030 for the SEC. I know that would mean they would probably never get in the playoff for football, but it would still be a better conference overall. Adding Cal, Stanford and SMU just ruined it for me.

Devil is in details -- so to speak -- but if a settlement overpays FSU/Clemson and requires UNC to accept less, that is the worst possible result. I'd much prefer status quo or FSU/Clemson to blow it all up.
yea i guess i don't really care one way or the other. Would like to keep the conference together, but. If and when it goes away and if we are in difference conferences i hope it ends. No home and home non conference games crap or alternate years. If we happen to play each other, it should be luck of the draw in the tournament.

Back