Democratic National Convention August 19-22 (Chicago) - Kamala DNC speech got 22% more viewer than Trump RNC speech

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 1K
  • Views: 26K

Trump’s lisping thing returns as he rants to NewsMax after Fox abruptly cut off his call.

Trump praising Maduro and the communists. The immigrants are escaping communism. Some probably work at Mar-a-Lago.
May not go down well with the Cuban vote in south Florida. Just saying. It’s my understanding they aren’t wild about dictators. No out of real of possibility that’s a subject that gets talked about on election night.

Wow. Watching CNN debrief of undecided PA voters — 8 folks undecided, 6 broke to Harris, one guy for Trump and one woman says she just won’t vote. You don’t usually see these things break hard like that.

One common critique was lack of policy details.

May not go down well with the Cuban vote in south Florida. Just saying. It’s my understanding they aren’t wild about dictators. No out of real of possibility that’s a subject that gets talked about on election night.
The Cubanos, ex-pat Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, El Salvadorans, Colombians, Guatemalans…….shit, the entirety of Central and South Americans AND Caribbean Latinos are shifting fast to Trumpism.

The ex-pat Latino populations in South Florida gather and look forward to the days that fascists rule Central America and South America.

Lordy, I cannot imagine how much someone would have to hate themselves to cast a vote for Donald Trump in the year 2024.
Well……no offense…..according to posts……I think you and HeelYeah2012 are long-term friends…..maybe groomsmen in each other’s weddings.

If that is accurate, ask him and the rest of your groomsmen and his groomsmen and your wife’s fellow residents…….my expectation is that a bunch of white guys (and women) from North Carolina are more Trumplican than not.

I’m glad you are not. Sounds like your wife isn’t. Y’all are unusual.

I thought Cooper did a decent job as a calm Hype Man.
I've been hoping that Cooper will be the next opponent for Tillis in 2026, but if Kamala is elected I now think he's going to end up next year as our new U.S. Attorney General in her cabinet. Apparently Cooper and Harris are good buddies and have been since they were the Attorney Generals of their two states and had to work together on a number of issues.

L
Lololololol Scott Jennings is coping so hard
Late Thursday afternoon, NPR’s All Things Considered had a host interviewing a “pundit” who was criticizing the Democratic Convention and Harris……how they’d only appealed to their base……the Convention was a failed effort…….the pundit was Scott Jennings.

Really hope this momentum for the Dems also reaches the state and local races. NC absolutely can't lose the governorship and the superintendent of public education race to the Pubs.
We North Carolina Democrats need Josh Stein to win (arguably the WEAKEST Gubernatorial office in the US); Jeff Jackson to win AG; and, a host more Council of State Offices……….but, what we need to win are legislative seats and end the GOP’s supermajority.

I knew J.B. Pritzker back in ‘85 and ‘86. I met him while I was doing field work on David Price’s first campaign. He and many other Duke Democrats were “all-in” on Terry Sanford’s 1986 Senate Campaign.

I knew Terry was doing NO FIELD work in the Triangle (David was running in the 4th Congressional District - which was Wake, Chatham, Orange, Randolph, and Franklin Counties). Terry was going to win Durham going away and he and his top staff knew that David’s campaign would romp in Wake and carry Terry. So, rightly so, Terry’s campaign spent nothing on field work in Durham County or the 4th Congressional District.

So, I tried to recruit J.B. Pritzker and the other d00kies to do field work for David Price.

I had NO IDEA who the Pritzkers were or how wealthy. J.B. was a FAT guy in college.
He drove a 3 Series BMW (or similar) and no clothes would look good or fancy on 20-something J.B. Pritzker……he didn’t look different than most ‘80’s d00kies…..aside from he was relatively fat.

He was also a nice guy…..really nice guy……a frumpy, fat nice guy in non-descript khakis and white or blue Oxford cloth shirts.

Wow. Watching CNN debrief of undecided PA voters — 8 folks undecided, 6 broke to Harris, one guy for Trump and one woman says she just won’t vote. You don’t usually see these things break hard like that.

One common critique was lack of policy details.
8 people is a borderline WORTHLESS sample.

No. It’s a worthless sample.

Back