Democratic National Convention August 19-22 (Chicago) - Kamala DNC speech got 22% more viewer than Trump RNC speech

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 1K
  • Views: 26K
I watched the convention on C-Span and only returned to CNN coverage after a major speaker. Worked out great to watch/listen to the speeches and the delegates enjoy the music.

Honestly not sure.

Game the thought with me... This issue with the Democratic convention is that less than 7% of the population watches it, and of those that so watch it 95+% were always gonna vote Dem anyway.

Does a rumor about a mystery guest (maybe it's Swift!) do more harm or good? If you drive more eyeballs that were not locks to vote Dem to see that speech last night from Kamala, well I can at least make a theoretical argument that that's a huge benefit. Sure, you risk disappointment, but nobody promised anything, and Kamala gets to define herself to a legion of voters would likely ignored the DNC and only really gotten exposure to Kamala via silly season political ads.

I'm not saying it was intentional. But I am saying I can make a case for it being a net positive, though.
No impact on anything.

If you were undecided, truly, and last night caused you to break for Trump, you weren't undecided at all. You just wanted people to think you had ethics but you really have zero
Yeah, that Aftican American Realtor guy was clearly a self MAGA plant. His explanation for supposedly deciding for Trump was that she didn't provide enough policy details AND that she is too ineexperiencrd and not ready yet.

Meanwhile, I bet he voted for Trump the first time with no experience, And how many specific policy positions does Trump present in his usual incoherent 2 hour rally rants, or his silly 20 tweets a day?

Honestly not sure.

Game the thought with me... This issue with the Democratic convention is that less than 7% of the population watches it, and of those that so watch it 95+% were always gonna vote Dem anyway.

Does a rumor about a mystery guest (maybe it's Swift!) do more harm or good? If you drive more eyeballs that were not locks to vote Dem to see that speech last night from Kamala, well I can at least make a theoretical argument that that's a huge benefit. Sure, you risk disappointment, but nobody promised anything, and Kamala gets to define herself to a legion of voters would likely ignored the DNC and only really gotten exposure to Kamala via silly season political ads.

I'm not saying it was intentional. But I am saying I can make a case for it being a net positive, though.
I thought it was interesting that Beyonce corrected the record late and Taylor Swift, as far as I know, never did.

Yeah, that Aftican American Realtor guy was clearly a self MAGA plant. His explanation for supposedly deciding for Trump was that she didn't provide enough policy details AND that she is too ineexperiencrd and not ready yet.

Meanwhile, I bet he voted for Trump the first time with no experience, And how many specific policy positions does Trump present in his usual incoherent 2 hour rally rants, or his silly 20 tweets a day?
He also said Trump is more aggressive and that he thinks Harris will be more aggressive in the next term. Kind of an odd statement and characteristic to specifically point out for the Presidency. He seems like one of those dopes who identifies with Trump's false bravado.

Back