Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

She needs to get in Trump's head before the debate (and in the audience's head). She and other Dems can simply start talking about the need to watch if Trump actually can answer policy questions and especially issues he DOESN"t want to talk about. He'll be a basket case by the time the debate starts. And all the focus will be on him. We know, when people actually listen to him that they see what he is.

If I were Donnie, I’d be afraid to debate her too. He knows that if the deck isn’t stacked in his favor, then he’s toast. Heck even if the debate was stacked for him, he’s gonna have a long night trying to debate the Prosecutor. He knows he’ll need all the help he can get.

Just prepare rebuttals to what you know he’s gonna say. Fact-check him live on air. Prepare this beforehand.
I'd say more than just fact-check him live on air but outright call him a liar every time he lies...

I'd say more than just fact-check him live on air but outright call him a liar every time he lies...
Don't call him a liar, be more elegant. Biden's "will you shut-up, man" was appropriate coming from the venerable, white grandpa. Harris can't as easily get away with patronizing ttump as Biden could. She needs to avoid triggering white suburbanites' ingrained racist and misogynistic tropes. Reagan's "there you go again" was a great needle thread.

Interesting that the Democrats want Trump to be able to interrupt and his team is trying to prevent that.
Is this what is happening, or are they concerned that Harris can interrupt and live fact-check ttump? Biden wasn't nimble enough to interrupt, correct, and redirect, and the media has woefully abrogated their role as arbiters of objectivity.

I hope she'll ask him direct questions and then call him out when he doesn't answer them. Like: "There is an abortion amendment on the ballot in Florida this November, its called the Amendment to Limit Government Interference with Abortion and it reads ' No law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patient’s health, as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider. This amendment does not change the Legislature’s constitutional authority to require notification to a parent or guardian before a minor has an abortion.' You are a resident of Florida, how do you plan to vote on this amendment in November?"

LOL. Trump hates being managed, even if (maybe especially if) it is for his own good.

Interesting that the Democrats want Trump to be able to interrupt and his team is trying to prevent that.
I suspect that Kamala's strategy here is to create a condition where a) Trump wouldn't be able to resist interrupting her, and then b) stand up to him with a line like "I'm speaking now, you had your chance" (a signature of hers by now). She will prove that she is stronger than him. He will be beta'd.

Truly hilarious lol. One of the main reasons Trump beat Biden so badly in the last debate was that he was muted. The mute button that they agreed to use in this year’s debates definitely helps Trump.

Fox News has a ticker clock up on their main website. It is keeping count of the number of days/hours/minutes since Harris' last interview.

They also have a story on their front page about the Harris campaign's "fear" of having her do interviews. They actually cite a political pundit on CNN explaining his theory of why she is "afraid" to do interviews. Of course the pundit is a former political advisor for a Republican.

He said on CNN, that Harris' worst performances and showings have all been during interviews. According to him, that is why she is afraid to do them. Added, that interviews are prep for debates, and debates are prep for interviews. Thus, Harris will get clobbered in debates.

Fox News has a ticker clock up on their main website. It is keeping count of the number of days/hours/minutes since Harris' last interview.

They also have a story on their front page about the Harris campaigns "fear: of having her do interviews. They actually cite a political pundit on CNN explaining his theory of why she is "afraid" to do interviews. Of course the pundit is a former political advisor fir a Republican.

He said on CNN, that Harris' worst performances and showings have all been during interviews. According to him, that is why she is afraid to do them. Added, that interviews are prep for debates, and debates are prep for interviews. Thus, Harris will get clobbered in debates.
Reads like HY logic.

Don't call him a liar, be more elegant. Biden's "will you shut-up, man" was appropriate coming from the venerable, white grandpa. Harris can't as easily get away with patronizing ttump as Biden could. She needs to avoid triggering white suburbanites' ingrained racist and misogynistic tropes. Reagan's "there you go again" was a great needle thread.
When Trump is talking, she should very obviously scribble something down on a notepad.
When it’s her turn to speak, hold up the pad (which has a tally of the lies) and say, “I counted X number of lies in your last answer.”

She would only have to say it once or twice. But, for the optics, she should keep going to the pad for each lie

Slightly disappointed the Harris campaign didn't hold for non-muted mics. Wonder what went on behind the scenes on that one.

Back