I do want conservatives on here

I'm suggesting that your progressive warning then suspension then ban claim is a lie.
I said that in response that someone would get banned "post haste" for one use of the term "libtard".

You were banned on a lifetime achievement award. You weren't warned directly before you were banned, but you'd been moderated an untold number of times over the years, told to switch it up, and your posting style never changed. Your ban is a little different than most, but you had been given a long time to do something different before the trigger was pulled.

I said that in response that someone would get banned "post haste" for one use of the term "libtard".

You were banned on a lifetime achievement award. You weren't warned directly before you were banned, but you'd been moderated an untold number of times over the years, told to switch it up, and your posting style never changed. Your ban is a little different than most, but you had been given a long time to do something different before the trigger was pulled.
Never warned. Not even once. I don't know why you're lying now.

they are having an active debate at how large of a percentage of liberal men are just closeted, because they can't conceive of a non gay man voting for a Democrat.
I'd say this is the euphemized version. I posted screenshots from that thread on the original ZZL-P for anyone who is curious. I won't bring that garbage over here.

Calling Harris a whore or a hoe is obviously not ok. Calling her a DEI hire is fair game IMO. That’s what she was. I thought liberals saw value in DEI, so why do they even take that as offensive?
Because DEI was borne out of providing true equal opportunity AND trying to make organizations more in line with the actual citizenry of our country.

I am against pure quota systems. But making an effort to seek out and find truly qualified individuals of non-white males in certain industries, especially at the management and upper management and above levels.

I forget which Pub said it, but he said it best. "we need to be more inclusive. we look like a group of old white men, the Dems look America.

The original intent and definition above is the true meaning and how Dems understand it. When Pubs use it as slam against Harris, what they are saying is that she is not qualified. And they are also throwing red meat to the racist element of the Right, which nobody should deny exists.

Mr. Trump, David Duke has endorsed you, will you denounce his endorsement? "I don't know anything about David Duke, or who he is." Yeah right.

Because DEI was borne out of providing true equal opportunity AND trying to make organizations more in line with the actual citizenry of our country.

I am against pure quota systems. But making an effort to seek out and find truly qualified individuals of non-white males in certain industries, especially at the management and upper management and above levels.

I forget which Pub said it, but he said it best. "we need to be more inclusive. we look like a group of old white men, the Dems look America.

The original intent and definition above is the true meaning and how Dems understand it. When Pubs use it as slam against Harris, what they are saying is that she is not qualified. And they are also throwing red meat to the racist element of the Right, which nobody should deny exists.

Mr. Trump, David Duke has endorsed you, will you denounce his endorsement? "I don't know anything about David Duke, or who he is." Yeah right.
Kevin McCarthy. Another conservative politician rooted out by MAGAism.

Since we have a Wordle thread here now, I've had no reason to visit IC in a week or so. I decided to go there today since I was unsure when they were going to actually lock down the ZZL-P.

My God what a mess they have on their hands over there. There are a whole bunch of bitter assholes spewing venom that has apparently been repressed for a long time. Some poster is whining about how CFord treated ole hickory and accused him of beating up on an old man. clee is bitching about shit that happened years ago that seemingly still impacts his quality of life.

And the ZZL ban thread shows that Snoop has banned OCS from the regular ZZL! "OCS89 - banned for political discussions and trolling"

What a shitshow.
OCS getting banned right before the ZZL-P is officially shut down is *chef's kiss.* He'd been subtly trolling and antagonizing politically for years, but had really taken off the mask since the debate in June. I'm sure he had a big ZZL celebration planned for midnight (or whenever the ZZL-P is officially locked.)

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's really interesting how things like the debate can act as a universal signal for say MAGA types to unleash hell. It happened on Phog.net in the politics thread. They've slowly lost their steam and given up since the Kamala swing and now 247 is acting kind of goofy and seems like it may get rid of the politics thread altogether.

OCS getting banned right before the ZZL-P is officially shut down is *chef's kiss.* He'd been subtly trolling and antagonizing politically for years, but had really taken off the mask since the debate in June. I'm sure he had a big ZZL celebration planned for midnight (or whenever the ZZL-P is officially locked.)

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
That was an amazing move by whomever it was that banned him.

Just so we are extraordinarily clear about the motivation of the overwhelming vast majority of conservative message board posters, and with a hat tip to our friend JCTarHeel who posted this screenshot on the old ZZLP, one of the old board MAGAs posted this over on Tiger Droppings, asking them to come over to this new board to troll it. It was never about moderators.

IMG_3092.jpeg
Yeah, several of the Trumper posts over at the old ZZLP this weekend, like this one, have made clear that despite their denials, many Trump posters simply couldn't stay away from the IC ZZLP and deeply resented the board's overall liberalism and many of the posters and mods. And it also reveals that at least some of them aren't going to be happy with simply eliminating the old "liberal cesspool" of the IC ZZLP, they're going to try and ruin this board as well. I highly doubt that this guy is the only Trumper who wants this board to fail as well. I don't think it's going to happen, but given the obsessed and genuinely bitter tone of many of the posts over there I'm sure some (not all, but some) will follow this board as obsessively as they did the old one. They just can't seem to help themselves.

It's really interesting how things like the debate can act as a universal signal for say MAGA types to unleash hell. It happened on Phog.net in the politics thread. They've slowly lost their steam and given up since the Kamala swing and now 247 is acting kind of goofy and seems like it may get rid of the politics thread altogether.
It's very much a team sport thing. They went on a run and built a lead so they talked trash. That's why they struggle to understand the blowback from their politics. If you replace "politics" with "sports" much of it makes more sense. "Why would you let sports ruin a family or friendship? That's crazy, it's only sports."

I read about a year or so ago that there was a move across 247 to eliminate politics boards and threads from all 247 message boards. To be honest I never thought it would happen to IC since it was such a large board with so many people posting on the ZZLP, but obviously I was wrong. I have no way of knowing if that is the case, but it does seem as if some 247 sports sites are eliminating or restricting their politics/non-sports topic boards or threads in some way.

Yeah, several of the Trumper posts over at the old ZZLP this weekend, like this one, have made clear that despite their denials, many Trump posters simply couldn't stay away from the IC ZZLP and deeply resented the board's overall liberalism and many of the posters and mods. And it also reveals that at least some of them aren't going to be happy with simply eliminating the old "liberal cesspool" of the IC ZZLP, they're going to try and ruin this board as well. I highly doubt that this guy is the only Trumper who wants this board to fail as well. I don't think it's going to happen, but given the obsessed and genuinely bitter tone of many of the posts over there I'm sure some (not all, but some) will follow this board as obsessively as they did the old one. They just can't seem to help themselves.
The ZZL was known across the scout network. Most off topic boards on that network ranged from very conservative to Alex Jones is too liberal for me. The existence of a place that had liberals, needless to say a majority of them, was news to many of those boards. That's why the ZZL/ZZLP used to get the occasional wave of posters from a different school. Some forum would discover there were libs somewhere and they just had to go own them.

If you believe the very first line of the announcement about the closing of the ZZL-P, the ZZL-lite won’t be around for long either.

“The goal of the Inside Carolina community has always been about providing a place for Carolina fans to unite together over a mutually appreciated topic - UNC athletics.”

The ZZL is an off-topic board, not a sports board, so how does that fit into their newly-enforced mission statement?

If you believe the very first line of the announcement about the closing of the ZZL-P, the ZZL-lite won’t be around for long either.

“The goal of the Inside Carolina community has always been about providing a place for Carolina fans to unite together over a mutually appreciated topic - UNC athletics.”

The ZZL is an off-topic board, not a sports board, so how does that fit into their newly-enforced mission statement?
With having to disable ad blockers to use the site now, I imagine the traffic ZZL generates may be an incentive to keep it up and running.

I read about a year or so ago that there was a move across 247 to eliminate politics boards and threads from all 247 message boards. To be honest I never thought it would happen to IC since it was such a large board with so many people posting on the ZZLP, but obviously I was wrong. I have no way of knowing if that is the case, but it does seem as if some 247 sports sites are eliminating or restricting their politics/non-sports topic boards or threads in some way.
This didn't come from 247. It was an internal decision based on increasing incidents and diminishing patience for dealing with issues that were not core to the business. If you are stretched thin between covering the spring football game, basketball post season, the start of baseball and the new world of the transfer portal free for all - the last thing you want to deal with is some subscriber pissed that someone they loathe on an off-topic board was able to get in three insults before a lock when they only got two in.

For well over a decade I did my best to keep things from getting to that level, but the board and the subscriber base was smaller then. The 247 $1 signup blitz have swelled the numbers and that includes people who feel as subscribers they should set the rules. It's been bad enough on the sports boards where each loss seems to set off a race of who can be more performatively angry about a sports ball game not going their way. We get push back on that too. You would think a 24 hour ban from posting for player attacks or spamming negativity or something was the start of a Balkan blood feud with how some people overreact in their angry missives to Ben. Now apply that to someone demanding their money back because they were not allowed to call Michelle Obama a man and you can see how the situation built to where it was.

I have doubts that keeping politics off of all facets of the site will go smoothly, but that's a me problem, not a community problem. i think THIS site goes a long way in helping that. Those who post in good faith and might trouble finding the line in a regular ZZL or sports board environment will just come here and post it. it's those who are seeking to try to hold our own rules against us and try to redraw the lines that will be the problem. They will also be the ones who holler the loudest when we push back. I don't look forward to that.

It gets so exhausting having to coddle and baby other adults whose sensibilities are offended by being called names on an Internet message board forum.
Trump is the biggest whiner we’ve ever seen, but more broadly, it seems to have brought about a greater number of grown men fully comfortable with whining publicly.

Last edited:
Back