I do want conservatives on here

The sad part is if they had banned him 8 years ago we wouldn’t be in this situation now.
Yeah. He’s a really strange dude. He sent me a series of hilarious PM’s after I said that he was being Jerry Falwell-esque sitting in the corner of the ZZLP upvoting conservative posts but not being able to chime in.

Yeah. He’s a really strange dude. He sent me a series of hilarious PM’s after I said that he was being Jerry Falwell-esque sitting in the corner of the ZZLP upvoting conservative posts but not being able to chime in.
Would be fascinating to know how many aliases he's had on IC over the years. I guarantee he already has at least one here, if not multiple.

Hey.

I used to post on IC hoops and ZZL politics a lot, though not on the latter in several years.
(Sidebar: since COVID, Roy's retirement, and the advent of NIL and the transfer portal, I also, sadly, find my interest in hoops waning. So I check in on IC less of late.)

I saw about the ZZLP dust-up and came over to check out this board.

It's oddly pleasant to see several usernames I remember.

By the standards of this board I'd undoubtedly count as conservative now and in my most recent spate of posts at ZZL. (Actually, it's a contentious question. Political orientation metrics often put me dead center, or sometimes left-leaning.)

In general, I'm weaning myself off of internet political argument, so I don't really intend to be active here, but I was heartened to see the first few messages in this thread expressing desires for civil discussion and a real exchange of ideas. I did often find discussions on ZZL politics interesting and informative, and still remember some good points made by posters on both ends of the spectrum.

Anyway, regards to all.

Our good friend Krafty posted this as a parting musing on the old ZZLP board last night and I thought it not only perfectly described how I feel personally, but is also one of the best things I’ve ever read on the ZZLP. Didn’t want it to get lost to history on the old board.

“As a Republican voter for over 30 years, I can tell all of you Pubs and Conservatives why the ZZLP wasn't just tilted to the left, it was dominated by the left.

Now that the board is closing and most former members have moved on, it is at least 50/50 or even a higher percentage of Pubs posting and dancing on the ZZLP grave, in sophomoric and slipshod fashion.

Why were none of you posting on the ZZLP before and just lurking? No, it wasn't because you were mistreated or judged unfairly. I've been on the ZZLP for years and ZZL even longer.

I watched dozens and dozens (maybe hundreds) of Pubs attempt to post and participate. They rarely brought facts, sources, research, data, anything of the sort. And when presented with such information and facts/real world data and analysis, the Pubs would start whining, complaining of unfairness, and eventually ran away in shame and disgrace.

I am still a conservative, but it has blown my mind how little, if any, intellectualism and knowledge is left in the new MAGA party.

The board you wanted is what you have here now. Hurling insults. juvenile antics, lots of feelings about issues but no depth and nothing to back it up. That is why you really weren't around before. You can type tough and mean sounding stuff, but you were way out of your league when it came to actually discussing issues in depth with knowledge and actual facts to back up your opinions.

Simply put, you were cowards and couldn't hang when challenged with actual facts, data, statistics, and research and scientific, economic, medical data, etc.

The old Republican party had many truth seeking people. MAGA, not so much.”

Our good friend Krafty posted this as a parting musing on the old ZZLP board last night and I thought it not only perfectly described how I feel personally, but is also one of the best things I’ve ever read on the ZZLP. Didn’t want it to get lost to history on the old board.

“As a Republican voter for over 30 years, I can tell all of you Pubs and Conservatives why the ZZLP wasn't just tilted to the left, it was dominated by the left.

Now that the board is closing and most former members have moved on, it is at least 50/50 or even a higher percentage of Pubs posting and dancing on the ZZLP grave, in sophomoric and slipshod fashion.

Why were none of you posting on the ZZLP before and just lurking? No, it wasn't because you were mistreated or judged unfairly. I've been on the ZZLP for years and ZZL even longer.

I watched dozens and dozens (maybe hundreds) of Pubs attempt to post and participate. They rarely brought facts, sources, research, data, anything of the sort. And when presented with such information and facts/real world data and analysis, the Pubs would start whining, complaining of unfairness, and eventually ran away in shame and disgrace.

I am still a conservative, but it has blown my mind how little, if any, intellectualism and knowledge is left in the new MAGA party.

The board you wanted is what you have here now. Hurling insults. juvenile antics, lots of feelings about issues but no depth and nothing to back it up. That is why you really weren't around before. You can type tough and mean sounding stuff, but you were way out of your league when it came to actually discussing issues in depth with knowledge and actual facts to back up your opinions.

Simply put, you were cowards and couldn't hang when challenged with actual facts, data, statistics, and research and scientific, economic, medical data, etc.

He ain't lie

Dayum. I hope Krafty dropped the mic after that post.

Millions of characters were typed on zzlp to describe the core of maga; the post above really boils it down.

His fondest wish was for UNC to be more like Ole Miss. His biggest political issue was tearing down confederate monuments. He is a lost cause adherent and loves him some Conferderacy. He also posted that UNC should not admit out-of-state students and admission preference should be based on how long your family had been in NC. He hates all these in-state children of Yankee transplants ruining UNC.

His fondest wish was for UNC to be more like Ole Miss. His biggest political issue was tearing down confederate monuments. He is a lost cause adherent and loves him some Conferderacy. He also posted that UNC should not admit out-of-state students and admission preference should be based on how long your family had been in NC. He hates all these in-state children of Yankee transplants ruining UNC.
Ah, yes, I recall this fella discussed relative to other topics. Sounds like a real tour-de-force of reactionism.

Back