I do want conservatives on here

Because DEI was borne out of providing true equal opportunity AND trying to make organizations more in line with the actual citizenry of our country.

I am against pure quota systems. But making an effort to seek out and find truly qualified individuals of non-white males in certain industries, especially at the management and upper management and above levels.

I forget which Pub said it, but he said it best. "we need to be more inclusive. we look like a group of old white men, the Dems look America.

The original intent and definition above is the true meaning and how Dems understand it. When Pubs use it as slam against Harris, what they are saying is that she is not qualified. And they are also throwing red meat to the racist element of the Right, which nobody should deny exists.

Mr. Trump, David Duke has endorsed you, will you denounce his endorsement? "I don't know anything about David Duke, or who he is." Yeah right.
This is a great post. Pretty nobody wants quotas any more (except Kendi, who is a marginal figure). DEI gives no hiring advantages. Between that is fertile ground for disagreement. I suspect that you and I have somewhat different views as to where to draw the line between quotas and DEI, but it's heartening to see someone stand for honesty and principle.

Also, posts like this one open the space for real discussion, as we can now debate when and where "racial outreach" (e.g. DEI, plus factors in admissions, race-based test scaling, etc) go too far, not far enough, or just don't work very well. I don't think there would be consensus on this issue and there shouldn't be consensus. I haven't yet seen a "correct answer" to that question.

I think I misjudged you. I've always appreciated your honesty about Trump, but there were times when I wasn't sure if you were a sophisticated troll or a good faith poster with conservative views. I've concluded it's the latter.

Last edited:
I forget which Pub said it, but he said it best. "we need to be more inclusive. we look like a group of old white men, the Dems look America.
It takes work to broaden a coalition of diverse voters.
It takes compromise and introspection.
It takes genuine concern for your constituents' needs and wants. (see: Biden, Joseph)

In a democracy, even one like ours, the popularity of your ideas should be what drives voters to cast their ballots for your side. The last few cycles, pubs have no doubt looked at the electorate, looked at their principles/ideas, saw the writing on the wall, and instead of trying to win over new voters, they got behind the demagogic autocrat while the getting was good.

Enabling a wannabe dictator from your party is easier than convincing voters honestly that your ideas are best for the country. By and large, the GOP are lazy cowards.

Heard the news today about ZZLP closing, went to the site to see if it's true and saw site mentioned. Crazy stuff, but most of the old Scout political forums had long since closed down. Biggest was probably the Oregon Woodshed. I always assumed it was just too much of a PITA for mods to keep control.

Heard the news today about ZZLP closing, went to the site to see if it's true and saw site mentioned. Crazy stuff, but most of the old Scout political forums had long since closed down. Biggest was probably the Oregon Woodshed. I always assumed it was just too much of a PITA for mods to keep control.
This is SO much better.

The creation of this forum and my passion to get it set up can be directly traced to how annoyed I became over the years posting on 247 forums.

All of you quality posters, and the others out there, absolutely taken for granted by whoever is in charge of 247.

Rock, just out of curiosity, are you a programmer or web developer by trade? I know you used a base system, but all the amount of tweaking and time you have spent is truly amazing.

We need to keep supporting you in this. Thanks again!

That is a fantastic zen circle

Reminds me of the one I see a lot in the Kwan um school, where most of my unlearing has come from

Back