JD Vance Catch-all | (Merged with newest JD Vance stand-alone thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 799
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
Not that I want to watch, but it would be funny to see white nationalist Laura Ingraham shovel Vance's BS on Faux News. She is single and childless.
The number of ambitious career women (single or not) in high conservative political and media circles is impressive. That many of the male politicians they support are publicly in favor of women like them quitting said careers, getting hitched, and focusing on staying at home and having kids is one of those rich ironies of modern Trump Republican politics.

The number of ambitious career women (single or not) in high conservative political and media circles is impressive. That many of the male politicians they support are publicly in favor of women like them quitting said careers, getting hitched, and focusing on staying at home and having kids is one of those rich ironies of modern Trump Republican politics.
Handmaids Tale Knitting GIF by HULU

Can't decide whether Vance's fav Paul Anka tune would be 1) I'm just a La-Z Boy or 2) You're Havin' My Baby. Probably #1 for his youth and the latter for his current misogny.

Not that I want to watch, but it would be funny to see white nationalist Laura Ingraham shovel Vance's BS on Faux News. She is single and childless.
Anne Coulter is childless, too. Megan Kelly conceived all her children via IVF. Dana Perino? Step kids.

Gift link: https://wapo.st/3M34bJ3

Until the very end, some people close to Donald Trump tried to talk the former president out of picking Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) as his running mate.

Aboard Trump’s plane en route to Milwaukee for the Republican National Convention, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) argued that Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) would be better than the untested Vance because the Cuban American senator might attract more votes in battleground states. He tried to recruit others on Trump’s plane to support his position, according to people with knowledge of the discussions.

Another adviser argued in a phone call a couple of days earlier that Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) or Rubio would be a better choice because of Vance’s previous comments opposing abortion, asking Trump how he would defend some of the senator’s positions that seemed further to the right than his.

… Trump listened as each person made their case, but they said the former president said his gut had been with Vance for many weeks, if not months — liking his Rust Belt upbringing, foreign and economic policy positions, pugnacious TV appearances, and academic pedigree. Vance had influential backers, including Donald Trump Jr. and tech billionaires. …”

Back