JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 18K
  • Politics 
JD Vance has said he thinks that parents/people with children should have extra votes. I don't agree with that even as a father of 4 and I don't see how it would even work. Too many questions, which parent gets to claim the kids, because my wife and I don't always vote in lockstep, similar, but in some races are different. But one thing he said, is that there should be more tax breaks for people with children, which according to Fivethirtyeight.com is widely popular. The article stated that the child tax credit payments were really popular. I know at the time, we had three kids and I think we were getting something like $800 per month. Granted it was just going to offset any refund we may have gotten, but it was actually sort of nice to get it up front and not give the government the interest free loan.

Some other stuff in that article, but I thought the most glaring thing was just how popular the child tax credit was. So the thread here is less about JD Vance and really more about that child tax credit. Do you see a Harris/Walz administration trying something similar? I recognize a GOP senate wouldn't go for it, but it is popular, could it be something they could campaign on? Even as a person not voting for Harris or Trump, I am pretty interested in the dynamics of this campaign as Biden has dropped out. As a political junky, this is going to be a fun one to watch.

Again, glad to be welcome here as a person right of center.

Do you mind if I merge your thread into the existing JD one? Or am I misunderstanding the tone or idea of this one? I very well may be because I'm laying upside down petting my dogs.

Do you mind if I merge your thread into the existing JD one? Or am I misunderstanding the tone or idea of this one? I very well may be because I'm laying upside down petting my dogs.

How do I do that. I am more than happy to merge it into that. My mistake.

How do I do that. I am more than happy to merge it into that. My mistake.
All good. If it had been about a specific event or thing or whatever I probably wouldn't have merged as I'm not super heavy mod handed but since you specifically said discussion, I figured this thread would work.

Thanks for stopping by and glad to have you here to contribute!

Gonna be a rough night in Trumpville.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">new: i have obtained a photo of jd vance in drag while at yale law school <a href="x.com">pic.twitter.com/jYf14Lwa4D</a></p>&mdash; matt (@mattxiv) <a href="">August 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lola?
Oh my Lola, Lo-Lo, Lo, Lo-Lola, Lo-Lo, Lo, Lo-Lola

Take a walk on the wild side?

… "Doo, do-doo, do-doo, do-do-doo
Doo, do-doo, do-doo, do-do-doo

https://media.tenor.com/LN04rwki_JQAAAAM/shaking-head-disappointed.gif

Last edited:

Trump's swell! He'll talk to anyone! White Nationalists, Steve Bannon, even my wife!

Back