Second Failed Assassination Attempt on Trump

Musk needs to delete that tweet. It’s clear to me that he’s making the point of “why does *the machine* want Donald Trump dead so bad but not the Democratic alternatives?” (Answer being, Harris/Biden are the machine)

But a second read of that definitely makes me realize it could be construed as inviting/encouraging assassination attempts against Harris and Biden. Not cool even though IMO not his intent.

As has been mentioned before. Thoughts and prayers.

I can’t wait to see Trump appear tomorrow with a full on head bandage wrap.

1. Pointing weapon where Trump was expected to be at some point.

2. Had scope.

3. Dropped weapon and ran when confronted by secret service.

4. Had go pros.

They will likely do an interview (and because he is crazy he may not invoke his right to be silent) and may make some incriminating statements about his intent then.

Feds will conduct a foresnsic investigation of his electronic devices and talk to all his acquaintances. Odds are that he made some incriminating statements online or did some incriminating internet research.

I suspect the defense lawyer will focus on insanity as his main defense. Pretty sure intent would be a layup for the prosecution.
Gotcha. Thanks a ton for this info, Cal. I really appreciate it. This is one of the many, many reasons I love this board community so much is because I get to learn from folks like you.

As to the ability of the would-be assassin to figure out where Trump would be…

IIRC, Trump tends to play golf on Sunday mornings when he’s not otherwise committed and the club he was at is the closest to Mar-a-Lago.

It wouldn’t take much to put that together if you’re trying to find an opportunity to go after him, as long as you have some patience to wait for him to actually be there.

Interesting. Okay, so this may seem like a dumb question but I am genuinely trying to understand: how would they prove intent to murder in this situation today, if Florida is an open carry state (and thus I assume the would-be assassin is allowed to carry the gun) and assuming that there was no previous written or verbal threat to try to kill the former president?
Walking down the golf course carrying a rifle likely gets one stopped, especially if a former POTUS is near.

Poking a rifle through a fence or shrub likely gets one shot at and/or criminally charged.

Back