Second Failed Assassination Attempt on Trump

1. Pointing weapon where Trump was expected to be at some point.

2. Had scope.

3. Dropped weapon and ran when confronted by secret service.

4. Had go pros.

They will likely do an interview (and because he is crazy he may not invoke his right to be silent) and may make some incriminating statements about his intent then.

Feds will conduct a foresnsic investigation of his electronic devices and talk to all his acquaintances. Odds are that he made some incriminating statements online or did some incriminating internet research.

I suspect the defense lawyer will focus on insanity as his main defense. Pretty sure intent would be a layup for the prosecution.
He’s a trump plant. Had no intention to do anything other than what he did. He will plead insanity. Trump will let him go should the ruse prove effective.

Interesting. Okay, so this may seem like a dumb question but I am genuinely trying to understand: how would they prove intent to murder in this situation today, if Florida is an open carry state (and thus I assume the would-be assassin is allowed to carry the gun) and assuming that there was no previous written or verbal threat to try to kill the former president?
Florida is not open carry I learned today.

Back