Second Failed Assassination Attempt on Trump

Assuming that none of these assassins find their mark- and we obviously certainly hope and pray that’s the case that they do not- then it’ll be over on or shortly after Tuesday, November 5, 2024.
If Trump loses in November, we’ll at least one more January 6th.

We’ll see right-wing militia attacks on state capitals and governors.

In 2025-2036 and maybe after, the right-wing will question elections- that means 90-99% of Republicans will question all our elections.

Honest question: given the pictures I’ve seen of his hiding place, how in the world did secret service see a barrel pointing out from the fence? I appears there was plenty of cover from his point of concealment. I guess we will find out soon.

ak47 range is 350m. Maybe a little more with an expert user? I am guessing he would have had to do a dash over open ground to get within range.
Depends a lot on if it's a military model or a civilian knock off. Military models, especially from other countries were sloppily made with tolerances that would make a Western gunmaker gag. It's one of the reasons they had a reputation for not jamming. Neither light dirt, heat expansion or powder fouling bothered them as much. However, they weren't terribly accurate for the same reasons even in expert hands. Modern civilian weapons are much better made. Seems like hitting something is more desirable than spray and pray for the most part.

Routh had spent time in Ukraine trying to raise support for the war effort and was seeking recruits among Afghan soldiers who had fled from the Taliban.

“In my opinion everyone should be there supporting the Ukrainians,” said Routh, a former construction worker from Greensboro, North Carolina, adding that he was too old and inexperienced to fight himself.

Routh had spent time in Ukraine trying to raise support for the war effort and was seeking recruits among Afghan soldiers who had fled from the Taliban.

“In my opinion everyone should be there supporting the Ukrainians,” said Routh, a former construction worker from Greensboro, North Carolina, adding that he was too old and inexperienced to fight himself.
Some serious mental illness but interesting tidbits. He was from Greensboro North Carolina and had several run-ins with the law including an arrest for putting his hand on a gun during a traffic stop. Multiple issues with paying his taxes.

Went to Hawaii to start a small construction firm. Built tiny houses for disadvantaged folks along with small jobs for paying customers.

Most recently registered as an independent. Voted in the Democratic primary earlier this year and gave a hundred bucks to act blue.

His son said he is a gentle man and he can't imagine him doing this. His son hopes the whole thing is just being blown out of proportion.

Come on folks, it’s just locker room talk. I mean how many of us haven’t joked around with our buddies about shooting the Vice President? I’m just surprised there wasn’t a “lighten up, snowflake” thrown in.

But seriously, that’s the best he’s got?

Back