soccer/fútbol/football/calcio/fußball

i mean.......in the first half joao pedro booted the ball from midfield down across the touchline in a truly blatant, obvious display of delaying a restart and kavanagh completely ignored.

then in this play rice is retreating away from the foul and veltman kicks the ball into him/his path, rice barely nudges it aside WHILE ITS STILL MOVING AND THUS NOT PLAYABLE and then veltman kicks the HELL out of him, dangerously......and rice is sent off.

mind-numbing levels of inconsistency and incompetence.

I don't disagree that the play in the first half should've been a yellow. I think both merit it.

yeah, absurd. one other factor that we haven't mentioned in this thread yet is that veltman's kick that smashed rice is that of a player sending the ball long, but all of his teammates are within very close range.

skysports-graphic-arsenal_6673700.png

he initiated the whole thing and new exactly what he was doing and the ref was willingly fleeced. just a bad, bad call. people continuing to stan it at this point are just outing themselves as arsenal haters.

analysts and former players (plenty of non-arsenal guys) are rebuking it left and right. you know its a screwjob when you've even got john terry calling it the "worst call ever."

yeah, absurd. one other factor that we haven't mentioned in this thread yet is that veltman's kick that smashed rice is that of a player sending the ball long, but all of his teammates are within very close range.

skysports-graphic-arsenal_6673700.png

he initiated the whole thing and new exactly what he was doing and the ref was willingly fleeced. just a bad, bad call. people continuing to stan it at this point are just outing themselves as arsenal haters.

analysts and former players (plenty of non-arsenal guys) are rebuking it left and right. you know its a screwjob when you've even got john terry calling it the "worst call ever."
That was a terrible call. Sucks that it'll probably wind up impacting the league title this year.

OTOH, Arsenal had plenty of chances to add more goals and couldn't get it done. They haven't scored 3 goals in a game this year, meanwhile Halaand just notched his second hat trick in 2 games. I love Saka and Odegaard as complementary players, possibly the 2 best supporting players in the premier league, but they aren't putting 3 goals in the net in a game, probably not even between them.

Gio update: no burn. A boring game was made worse by Schlotterbeck red card and Dortmund bunkered to hold onto a 0-0 draw.

Kid better find a team he can get minutes on.

That was a terrible call. Sucks that it'll probably wind up impacting the league title this year.

OTOH, Arsenal had plenty of chances to add more goals and couldn't get it done. They haven't scored 3 goals in a game this year, meanwhile Halaand just notched his second hat trick in 2 games. I love Saka and Odegaard as complementary players, possibly the 2 best supporting players in the premier league, but they aren't putting 3 goals in the net in a game, probably not even between them.
yeah, we had several good chances while down a man but OTOH brighton never scores to level it if we don't go down a man....they weren't threatening at. all. until provided with that unfair advantage. i don't think its a negative that we generated good chances even while down.....just bad luck they weren't finished.

regarding our goal scoring vs. city/haaland's output......we ended up even on GD last season, they scored 5 more and we let in 5 less....i suspect it will end similarly this season. we've got the best defense in the league and they've got the best attack. we've also played better competition so far than they have.

Last edited:
spicy little first half in the NLD.

half of spurs on yellows at HT and they made no hay out of our discombobulated squad with zero first choice players in the midfield....hilarious stuff.

martinelli just doesn't have it right now. that attempt after getting in behind with saka wide open in front of the goal was pathetic.

bring in sterling, lets see what he can cook up.

Check page 1

I'm also a Panthers fan.

But at least I wasn't the typical American who jumped on the arsenal bandwagon because wins = cool 😝
i'm also a panthers fan, i feel your pain there.

i picked arsenal circa 2000 when i was a footy obsessed 11 year old playing club ball year round. i didn't know jack about them except that king henry was absolutely dazzling and i wanted to emulate him.

but regardless, i dunno how/why anyone would bandwagon with a club that hasn't won a major trophy in 20 years. city and chelsea have the market corned on american bandwagon fans.

i'm also a panthers fan, i feel your pain there.

i picked arsenal circa 2000 when i was a footy obsessed 11 year old playing club ball year round. i didn't know jack about them except that king henry was absolutely dazzling and i wanted to emulate him.

but regardless, i dunno how/why anyone would bandwagon with a club that hasn't won a major trophy in 20 years. city and chelsea have the market corned on american bandwagon fans.
That's the point. You don't bandwagon with Tottenham. There is no bandwagon. I don't pick teams based on winning... And given I'm much older than you, I wouldn't abandon my team because "they haven't won lately"

Arsenal was the trendy team to join 20 years ago. I get it they were winning and were fun.

Sports are fun to watch. You pick a team for whatever reason and stick with them. Winning doesn't matter for fandom

Back