Stock Market/Investing/Fin Planning Catch-All

• Thread starter Thread starter heelslegup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 206
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
You deleted my post that was a genuine attempt to engage a conservative poster with what economic data they see as showing an economy in catastrophe. Seems on topic and in line with trying to engage both sides.

I do appreciate all you bring, I just don’t understand how that post wasn’t topical.

Unfortunately overmoderation is required by the ZZLP charter.

That Kamala Crash is INTENSE. I mean, whew. Trump said yesterday the stock market has crashed. It's like this guy doesnt really know business and economics. Go figure.

1723215390935.png

Stock Market Earnings Calendar for Week of August 12-16
Many major companies have already reported for this quarter: still awaiting NVDA Nvidia on August 28 which will have major impact on the market. Some key reports due out
Tuesday before open:
Home Depot HD
On Semiconductor ON
Tencent Music TME
Wednesday (before the close)
Cardinal Health CAH
Wednesday (after the close)
Cisco Systems CSCO
Stone Co STNE

Thursday (before the open)
Tapestry TPR
Walmart WMT

Thursday (after the close)
Applied Materials AMAT
Coherent COHR
H&R Block HRB
Ross Stores RST
Friday (before the open)
Flower Foods FLO

Remember a a whole week ago today when Republicans were gleefully anticipating and hoping for the next Great Depression all because the stock market dropped 2%?

That was fun!

Do some of you buy-hold/index/passive/diversify folks have any "fun" money for something a little more speculative? If so, what %?

For example, maybe you are a bogle-head and have your allocation of x% bonds(moneymarket) and x% broadUS and x% REIT or International, do you put aside 5 or 10% to actively trade anything like BTC or other speculative things, AI ETFs or India tech indexes?

Do some of you buy-hold/index/passive/diversify folks have any "fun" money for something a little more speculative? If so, what %?

For example, maybe you are a bogle-head and have your allocation of x% bonds(moneymarket) and x% broadUS and x% REIT or International, do you put aside 5 or 10% to actively trade anything like BTC or other speculative things, AI ETFs or India tech indexes?
Yes, think of a pyramid where the base is the boglehead 3 fund portfolio, then sector specific ETFs where I want more exposure, and individual stocks at the top.

Back