Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
It originated in England in the early-mid 19th century…..it was literally a race from one village’s church steeple to another…..maybe back (round-trip) or maybe to another village’s church….

Steeple-to-steeple…..over walls and fences and through or over creeks and streams.

Completely random.

Standardized at 3,000 meters, 5 barriers (one is partially water) in 1920.

LOVE the steeplechase.
confused GIF

Thought that the one US dude got bumped coming down the stretch and almost fell. Didn't he beat his PR by over 2 seconds? Dude was amazing.

On a track-related note, I learned today that the time officially stops when your chest (not your foot or head) crosses the finish line.
I thought he got bumped and fell back a stride too. Then he took it to him. Wow was that gutsy!

I thought he got bumped and fell back a stride too. Then he took it to him. Wow was that gutsy!
He was trapped and tried to force his way on the inside….a numb, a stumble, a brief slowing…..and he then ONCE AGAIN went inside!

Ballsy!

Water polo in gold medal round. Won shootout against the Aussies

Volleyball had a great match against Poland but came up short

Kristen Faulkner who has the stunning bike road win gets another gold with the track bike team

Godalmighty the track finals in these Olympics have been INSANE!!! 400 is another must watch.

Back