Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Glad to see both our 4x100 relay teams get the sitck around the track today--though the women's second exchange to Gabby Thomas was dicey.

Glad to see both our 4x100 relay teams get the sitck around the track today--though the women's second exchange to Gabby Thomas was dicey.
Jamaicas men didn’t qualify for the final because they really struggled with exchanges

So in a sport like these sprints and relays where hundredths of a second matter, does anyone have an idea why women track stars wear weaves and big hair and then the men are wearing jewelry and stuff? I would think you want to make yourself as aerodynamic as possible, right? I mean they wear uniforms that hug the body pretty tightly....seems counterintuitive.

Holy shit. Lyles had covid. Diagnosed 2 days ago. And won bronze! That's honestly pretty bad-ass. I wondered why he was wearing the mask yesterday.

Holy shit. Lyles had covid. Diagnosed 2 days ago. And won bronze! That's honestly pretty bad-ass. I wondered why he was wearing the mask yesterday.
Wonder if the told his fellow competitors? Feels kinda crappy if not. Also wonder if he's trying to cover a bit for just being out of gas. Running 100 and 200 is tough.

USA/Serbia in the semis in basketball, with USA unable to get a stop early. Getting shredded defensively.

US women were also upset today in the semis of water polo. Bad day for the US in terms of getting back ahead in gold medals. Hopefully Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone is about to add a drama-free gold, though.

Wonder if the told his fellow competitors? Feels kinda crappy if not. Also wonder if he's trying to cover a bit for just being out of gas. Running 100 and 200 is tough.
Nah he was wearing a mask yesterday...hadn't been doing that for the 100. So I doubt he was so pre-emptive to have an excuse ready. When he interviewed after the race he had those droopy eyelids of a sick person, too.

And if you noticed, no one from USA came up to him after - so I think they all knew. He says he likely won't do the 4x100 because of how he feels

So in a sport like these sprints and relays where hundredths of a second matter, does anyone have an idea why women track stars wear weaves and big hair and then the men are wearing jewelry and stuff? I would think you want to make yourself as aerodynamic as possible, right? I mean they wear uniforms that hug the body pretty tightly....seems counterintuitive.
Gotta look good to feel good

Back