Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
USA men's basketball down 17 in the second quarter and imploding. Big-time alarm bells ringing.

USA/Serbia in the semis in basketball, with USA unable to get a stop early. Getting shredded defensively.
Halfway through the second quarter, non-Curry USA players have 8 points combined.

I'm just not sure this is the right game for Embiid.

USA should be within about 5 now. Had a quick 7-0 run to cut it to 10, but then Edwards missed wide open three, Holiday turned it over, and then Holiday turned down a transition layup to hand back to Curry for a three, who bricked it.

Not sure they're taking this seriously enough. And some guys (Holiday and Ant among them) have been terrible.

Halfway through the second quarter, non-Curry USA players have 8 points combined.

I'm just not sure this is the right game for Embiid.
He's actually been pretty good today. And I think they feel like his size is necessary vs. Jokic.

He's actually been pretty good today. And I think they feel like his size is necessary vs. Jokic.
When I posted that, he had zero points.

Right now, the problem appears to be Booker and Holiday. Well, actually, it's everyone not named Steph or Lebron. Two oldest dudes out there, 29 out of 43 points and oh also Lebron has 5 assists.

The absolute deepest team in the world has . . . 4 points off the bench. How is that even possible? You've got Kevin Durant on the bench! Anthony Davis and Edwards. Tyrese Haliburton.

When I posted that, he had zero points.

Right now, the problem appears to be Booker and Holiday. Well, actually, it's everyone not named Steph or Lebron. Two oldest dudes out there, 29 out of 43 points and oh also Lebron has 5 assists.

The absolute deepest team in the world has . . . 4 points off the bench. How is that even possible? You've got Kevin Durant on the bench! Anthony Davis and Edwards. Tyrese Haliburton.
OK I'm with you we need Embiid out. Gotta get more quickness and swichability out there.

Curry and Lebron have about 2/3 of the team's points, and their combined ages are higher than total US points scored. Come on.

Still 8 points off the bench. 8. That's ridiculous.

As I typed that, I guess Durant hit a shot. Yea! A 3 even.

USA back within 5 according to the TV I can hear from another room ...

USA back within 5 according to the TV I can hear from another room ...
They got a 6 point play. I'm not watching, so I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but the score went from 78-67 to 78-73 in one second of game time.

Tie game. Lebron/Durant taking over. Durant ain't no spring chicken either. Day of the old dudes.

You would have thought Durant would have woken up before part way through the 4th, and he has all of 7 points, but it's something.

USA pulling away. Lebron has the triple double. USA has gotten all but six of its points from players over 30. Players over 35 have 57 of the 91 points.

Back