Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Man that was tight

I had a sinking feeling that Lebron's missed 3 would have defined his legacy but Serbia couldn't take advantage.

Man that was tight

I had a sinking feeling that Lebron's missed 3 would have defined his legacy but Serbia couldn't take advantage.
Yeah I hated that shot after he had been so successful getting to the rim. But a great performance from him overall, played his heart out on both ends.

Man that was tight

Yes, one missed shot in a non-league game would define the legacy of one of the greatest players of all time. Are you one of the Lebron haters from the old board?

6-9 from the field, 2-3 from deep, 16 points overall, 12 rebounds, 10 assists and a steal against 2 TOs. Not bad for the guy playing both PG and PF at age 40.

Lebron had about half of the team's defensive rebounds. Oh, and Curry was the team's second leading rebounder today. What a clusterf of a performance by everyone but the old men.

Yes, one missed shot in a non-league game would define the legacy of one of the greatest players of all time. Are you one of the Lebron haters from the old board?

6-9 from the field, 2-3 from deep, 16 points overall, 12 rebounds, 10 assists and a steal against 2 TOs. Not bad for the guy playing both PG and PF at age 40.

Lebron had about half of the team's defensive rebounds. Oh, and Curry was the team's second leading rebounder today. What a clusterf of a performance by everyone but the old men.
I said sinking feeling. Not excited feeling.

He's been amazing and showing tremendous leadership. But if Serbia wins after he missed that shot it would have been the narrative rightly or wrongly.

So in a sport like these sprints and relays where hundredths of a second matter, does anyone have an idea why women track stars wear weaves and big hair and then the men are wearing jewelry and stuff? I would think you want to make yourself as aerodynamic as possible, right? I mean they wear uniforms that hug the body pretty tightly....seems counterintuitive.
Wife and I were wondering about that the other day...swimmers and cyclists shave their body, etc. The nails some of the women runners have are crazy in addition to their hair.

Yeah I honestly dont remember an Olympics more exciting and fun to watch across the board. Maybe Atlanta? But others had moments...this is like every event has had something memorable. From a big dong to big comebacks...Paris has had it all.
I agree, i've enjoyed these more than any. I think the 6 hour difference has something to do with it. Nothing to do during the day watch them live. If you're busy catch up at night. With all the streaming services i've watched so many events. It's been a lot of fun, football in three weeks. Basketball in 3 months.

What an amazing game that was. It felt good to feel that way again for the first time in about two months or whenever it was that the Heels were eliminated from Omaha.

21 days til UNC football but now we still have what should be a great gold medal game against France on Saturday!

Wife and I were wondering about that the other day...swimmers and cyclists shave their body, etc. The nails some of the women runners have are crazy in addition to their hair.
Cyclists shave because it’s a crapload easier to clean up and repair a bloody scrape if the body hair is shaved off BEFORE the injury happens.

Have you ever peeled off a bandage that had attached body hair under it? It hurts. Sometimes, it re-opens parts of the wound…..breaking open the scab(s).

I used to do triathlons - doing the mileage to compete meant doing mileage that meant you’d crash at some point…..that meant road rash and new shorts…..You quickly learned to shave.

Swimming - swimmers shave down for 1-3 meets a year, maybe 4…….Shaving down makes a big difference…..how much is physical and physics vs. how much is psychological? No clue. I do know that after shaving down, I KNEW I felt faster and I was at a big meet. The razor burn diving into a heavily chlorinated pool sent a message.

At 14, I shaved for the AAU (now USS) State Meet - which was a farce…..I had about 2-3 inches of leg hair above my ankles. Almost no arm hair…..no chest or back hair……diddly-squat on arm pit hair…….I was just about the most pre-pubescent 4’10”, 14 year-old in America.

At 15, I made Junior Nationals (I think I was the only <5’0” male there)…..so, I never shaved again for the State Meet…..I shaved for the Junior Nationals and at one FAST meet in the Southeast trying to qualify for Junior Nationals (I never made Senior Nationals - those people are FAST). North Carolina’s state meet was either after JR Nationals or so close to it, that you couldn’t use it to qualify. We’d target a meet in DC or Atlanta. Shave for it if we thought it necessary.

Water has a lot more drag to it than air. Not surprising to see more runners wearing jewelry than swimmers. Cyclists - I’ve wondered the same thing…..that said, the least aerodynamic thing on a bike is the human and some small piece of jewelry isn’t changing much.

Duke football, defensive back, plays for the Giants i believe. Good player. Got a ring with Brady and TB.
Played for the Blue Devils. Played with Brady. It’s possible I could hate him more if he killed puppies on the side……..I kid….I kid…..it’s playing with Brady that bothers me the most.

Back