Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
I love watching people breakdance. I could even do some of it when I was a kid in the 80s. But it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Gold medal beach volleyball. Brazil is playing in shorts! Is that legal? Seems like a major protocol breach. It's like wearing red at Wimbledon.

Go Canada!

Let's talk about race.

Do you prefer sprints or long-distance?
We talking about running?

I prefer the 400, 800, 1600. The shorter ones are too fast, not much strategy, just run all out. The longer ones take too long to get to the action. These shorter distances still allow for some strategy and a great kick at the end.

Post race interview with the men's 4 x 100 team was brutal. Lewis trying to get the guys to throw each other under the bus?!?

It was clearly kung fu Kenny’s fault but his teammates understandably aren’t going to criticize him on TV.
Classy response by the other guy who the NBC announcer kept repeatedly trying to bait into throwing Kenny under the bus publicly

I just watched the women's breaking. Holy hell that was awful. Also can we talk a little about the cultural appropriation? I mean I know break dancing isn't just a Bronx thing and that's FINE. But why the hell was the silver medalist wearing a damned wave cap?!!?!

Also, the poor Australian woman....that was sad.

Back