Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Given that this is our last chance at a gold that will leave us in a tie with China, they better get this turned around quick. Otherwise China will win the gold medal count (of course we've dominated in the overall medal count, but for some reason all the media has been focusing on is the gold medal race. It's all the Chinese seem to care about.)

Given that this is our last chance at a gold that will leave us in a tie with China, they better get this turned around quick. Otherwise China will win the gold medal count (of course we've dominated in the overall medal count, but for some reason all the media has been focusing on is the gold medal race. It's all the Chinese seem to care about.)
Because golds are actually WINNING the events. Which is the hardest part and what everyone is trying to actually do.

This Gold going on right now is as enjoyable and "wonderful basketball " as I have seen in a looong time

You're probably right, sadly.

Removing football would not have schools add more men's sports to equal the women's. They would just cut a ton of women's sports. Tying football in is the only way to force anyone from offering women's sports at all. Which is interesting as suddenly everyone is really a champion of women's sports and they are SO important. Yet I am 100% sure if they had the chance, we would see institutions dissolve them all if they could.
If football didn’t count for Title IX purposes, the bulk of SEC and Big 12 schools would cut women’s sports left-and-right.

The ncsulols, Wakes, VT, Pitts, BC’s, Louisvilles, etc. would also heavily cut women’s sports.

Women’s collegiate rowing would largely disappear.

Stanford, Cal, O$U, Michigan, UNC, d00k, most of the Ivy League, etc. would maintain most of their programs.

The inability of these women to go strong to hoop, take the contact and still hit a layup is shocking to me. It’s not like the person fouling them is bigger or stronger than they are.

Back