Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
USA wins Bronze … waiting on scores to know between Japan and China for Gold/Silver.

This may have been yesterday (I have been taping much of the Olympics), but did anyone see Chase Budinger and his beach volleyball match? Initially, the name on the screen showed up as "Budinger", and I was wondering if he was related to the basketball player from Arizona several years back. Um, yeah. It was him. They dominated one of the top French teams in their first match.

This may have been yesterday (I have been taping much of the Olympics), but did anyone see Chase Budinger and his beach volleyball match? Initially, the name on the screen showed up as "Budinger", and I was wondering if he was related to the basketball player from Arizona several years back. Um, yeah. It was him. They dominated one of the top French teams in their first match.
Budinger was #7 in the RSCI Composite in 2006. He went 44th in the 2009 Draft. Played 7 seasons in the NBA (made $18 million) and one season overseas then retired from hoops to play beach volleyball. Both his sister and brother played college volleyball and professionally.

Yea he was the number 1 volleyballer his senior year of high school. Believe they were the number 3 qualifiers out of the usa. glad they won today

“… The pool at París La Défense Arena is 2.2 meters deep (7.2 feet)—a whopping 3 feet shallower than pools at previous games, according to The Wall Street Journal.
In a sport often decided by milliseconds, the faster rebound of waves from the swimmer’s movements reverberating off the shallower bottom may be slowing this year’s athletes down, the Journal concluded after consulting multiple experts in the field.

The pool itself was constructed on a rugby pitch usually home to the Racing 92, a French rugby club. …”

Party Beach GIF by iriskristen

“… The pool at París La Défense Arena is 2.2 meters deep (7.2 feet)—a whopping 3 feet shallower than pools at previous games, according to The Wall Street Journal.
In a sport often decided by milliseconds, the faster rebound of waves from the swimmer’s movements reverberating off the shallower bottom may be slowing this year’s athletes down, the Journal concluded after consulting multiple experts in the field.

The pool itself was constructed on a rugby pitch usually home to the Racing 92, a French rugby club. …”

I could just look this up, but I wonder how deep the pool was for the trials at Lucas Oil in Indianapolis and how deep the pool will be in LA when it’s at So-Fi

Back