Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K

“… The pool at París La Défense Arena is 2.2 meters deep (7.2 feet)—a whopping 3 feet shallower than pools at previous games, according to The Wall Street Journal.
In a sport often decided by milliseconds, the faster rebound of waves from the swimmer’s movements reverberating off the shallower bottom may be slowing this year’s athletes down, the Journal concluded after consulting multiple experts in the field.

The pool itself was constructed on a rugby pitch usually home to the Racing 92, a French rugby club. …”

It’s a CRAPPY pool. Competition pools need to be 10’ deep at a minimum.

The temporary pool built for the 2024 Olympic Trials was 3 meters deep (10 feet).

"... But Biles was back to her best in Sunday’s qualifying session and was solid again on all four apparatus today. She scored 14.900 on the balance beam as the USA assembled a formidable team score of 171.296 — almost six points ahead of second-placed Italy. Brazil took bronze.

The USA’s gold is their eleventh Olympic medal in the women’s team event. ..."

Italy surprised to take the Silver, their first medal in the event in 96 years.

US Women's rugby had a walk off massive run to win bronze. she simply trucked the Aussie. UNC grad on the team

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

It’s a CRAPPY pool. Competition pools need to be 10’ deep at a minimum.

The temporary pool built for the 2024 Olympic Trials was 3 meters deep (10 feet).
Was waiting for your opinion . thanks

l love Sports , all kinds of sports
I can't watch Skating or Gymnastics very comfortably. One mistake and they are done
I guess I am "sensitive" lol

Australia beat the US 3-0 in field hockey. If only we had a dynamic scorer on the team…

Back