Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Followed up by a subpar Uneven Bars where she was lucky to not fall off/put her feet on floor.
Losing at the half way point to Andrade who
is performing at her absolute peak

When it came to floor, Simone was basically a shoo-in. Her routine is just so damned good.

USA 1 and 3
Brazil 2

She mouthed a bad word when she leaned back on the mat LOL

When they posted that score over 15 i said "Holy shit!" myself

I think in the interview after she won, she said this would be her last competition.

I think she could do another one and still win, but at some point not dedicating your life to pushing your body to its edge has to have appeal. Look at Michael Phelps now, he looks like he should be designing zen gardens at burning man, and is probably so happy to not have to shave his whole body at 4:30 am to hit the pool by 5... every .. damn... day.

Catching up on some events and just watched the mens 400m IM. Man Marchand added like a body length of lead on each turn in the pool. Crazy

Catching up on some events and just watched the mens 400m IM. Man Marchand added like a body length of lead on each turn in the pool. Crazy
Dude is absolutely amazing with his UW kicks. For those who don't know, if you have a good UW dolphin kick, it is faster than swimming above the surface. That is why they put in a limit (15m) as to how far you are allowed to go underwater. Years ago, there was an American backstroker who, for a 100m race, probably spent close to 60m of it underwater.

Dude is absolutely amazing with his UW kicks. For those who don't know, if you have a good UW dolphin kick, it is faster than swimming above the surface. That is why they put in a limit (15m) as to how far you are allowed to go underwater. Years ago, there was an American backstroker who, for a 100m race, probably spent close to 60m of it underwater.
David Berkoff is the swimmer who first popularized swimming underwater lengthy distances. He was the world record holder in 1988 and finished 2nd in the Seoul Olympics.

FINA almost immediately limited swimmers to 10 meters underwater; in 1991 they increased it to 15 meters.

In Berkoff’s era, NCAA swimmers would cover almost the entire pool length underwater and come up for 2-3 strokes on lap #1; laps 2-8 it was closer to 4-6 strokes.

Wow. Caeleb Dressel was just in tears on the pool deck after not qualifying for the 100 Fly final. That was his last chance to defend one of his three individual titles from Tokyo. (Didn't make the U.S. team in the 100 Free and finished fifth in the 50 Free earlier today.) I like him a lot, so my heart breaks for him. He did win a gold in a relay last weekend and he has the mixed medley relay to go.

Back