The Music Thread

Daughter and I went to see Pink and Sheryl Crow last week. Sheryl might be the best looking 60+ yr old on the planet and sounded great.

Pink puts on a really great stadium show. I knew more of the songs than I thought I would and she has a great band.

My son and I saw Jason lsbell at a club earlier the summer. Awesome show.
There is a documentary called “Hired Gun,” about musicians hired by stars to play on albums and tours.
In it some hired guns name Pink as someone who treats and pays her touring musicians very well.
That probably explains why she has a great band.

With the announcement of the Oasis reunion today I went back and listened to the First 3 albums and I know it's not a popular opinion but Be Here Now is pretty dang good

With the announcement of the Oasis reunion today I went back and listened to the First 3 albums and I know it's not a popular opinion but Be Here Now is pretty dang good
Dude I absolutely love Be Here Now.

They may have been totally coked out of their mind and tried to do way too much, but it worked for me. There are a bunch of bangers on that album.

Dude I absolutely love Be Here Now.

They may have been totally coked out of their mind and tried to do way too much, but it worked for me. There are a bunch of bangers on that album.
I was a student at UNC living in Greenville towers when Be Here Now came out and I remember buying it probably at school kids records on Franklin and going back to my room at Granville and just cranking that cd way up

There is a documentary called “Hired Gun,” about musicians hired by stars to play on albums and tours.
In it some hired guns name Pink as someone who treats and pays her touring musicians very well.
That probably explains why she has a great band.
Bingo. Jazz band leaders back in the day were asked how is it that your band is always so good? And the band leader simply replied:”… it’s simple. I pay them.”

Back