Trump at Nat’l Assoc. of Black Journalists (NABJ)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 536
  • Views: 8K

Not sure I agree with this take. He's just who he has always been. He wasn't different in 2016. Remember when he talked about blood coming out of Megyn Kelly's you know where?

I think one difference is that he wasn't trying to get black votes in 2016. But the last couple of years he drank some kool-aid that convinced him he was OG and he would get black people coming to him in droves. So now he's talking to black audiences.

This thing actually reminds me of when Rand Paul went to Howard University and tried to whitesplain that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

People will rightly focus on the racially insensitive comments but my goodness, to quote Harris Faulkner, the way he spoke to and about the women on the stage was horrible. The way he spits out the word “woman” like it is an insult?

Shermichael Singleton, a Black Republican strategist on CNN, seemed stricken. He expressed shock at Trump questioning whether Kamala is Black and ultimately essentially said Trump made a fool of himself and he couldn’t say more about it on network TV.

You really gotta be delusional as a white man in his late 70s to think you'd go to this event and not put your foot in your mouth, repeatedly.

I missed this first bit and my husband called me out to watch the rest — you HAVE to watch the entire question and his response:

Back