Trump Catch-All | “I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 657
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 
You're going to have to be a lot more specific if you want us to know what, exactly, you can't believe. There are a whole lotta options when it comes to Trump.
Going on my past history about the only things I'm likely to believe involve celestial mechanics and since I don't know shit about them, I'm not biting there, either. So, just assume any definite statement I might make is highly suspect.

I watched "Bad Faith" on Amazon Prime video last night and now I better understand his grip on the religious right. They basically view secular society as Satan and view him as a step toward what they ultimately want - an authoritarian theocracy where Christianity is forced down everyone's throats. They know he is a horrible person but view him as a means to an end to defeat the true enemy. The backdoor deals he has with Christian Nationalists to get him votes in megachurches are numerous. Good watch and only 99 cents

Well, here we are. It’s a couple days before I start the annual weekend treks to chapel hill on home football weekends.

I know some of you may look down on me for what I’m going to say now, but the friend I travel to the games with is a MAGA Trump follower. So, I’m going to address this right away with him. I am going to say, given that it will be a long fall, we can either discuss these topics in a respectful way hearing both sides, or we can agree to not talk about it at all. I know that he will want to discuss it, and the good thing is he tends not to go beyond his echo chamber in terms of facts.

I say all this to say, you ALL have done yeomans work on providing truth and facts behind the fallacies of the Trump world. I already know I’m going to use a ton of CFord’s facts from the immigration thread. But along the way, there may be things that I may ask for because I can’t find or remember where it was posted. Wish me luck.

My experience with MAGAs is that they can’t stop themselves from talking politics. I’m being serious about this. Other people that I encounter on a daily basis rarely, if ever, talk politics. But the MAGAs feel compelled to bring politics up in EVERY conversation.

My experience with MAGAs is that they can’t stop themselves from talking politics. I’m being serious about this. Other people that I encounter on a daily basis rarely, if ever, talk politics. But the MAGAs feel compelled to bring politics up in EVERY conversation.
A post had to be removed from the football board today because a MAGA worked an attack on liberals into a thread about a high school player transferring.

The compulsion is scary.

Has to be one of his worst word salad answers of all time. Which is saying something.

I was taken aback to see Donald Trump is sending his son to college in a well-known hellhole, New York City.

I live in MAGAland and experience this quite a bit. I love politics and pay fairly decently close attention to it...but I can go weeks without discussing politics in public and, instead, only discuss it in places where I know the discussion is welcome.

But I hear a number of political statements a week, virtually all conservative, just out in public living my life.

I also have the uncle who can't get through a holiday get-together without having to start a political discussion even though it's obvious no one else wants to be a part of one.

Donald Trump doesn’t want Americans to see The Apprentice, and with good reason—it’s a bona fide supervillain origin story. Director Ali Abbasi’s much-buzzed-about film—premiering in theaters Oct. 11, following a special sneak peek at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival—can at times be frustratingly clunky and on the nose.

Even so, it’s an incisive primer on the relationship with Roy Cohn that made the 45th President of the United States who he is today.

… The film to make the MAGA universe explode with rage, The Apprentice is a capitalist riff on Pygmalion by way of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, with Cohen (Succession’s Jeremy Strong) the malevolent doctor and Trump (Sebastian Stan) his monster, complete (at tale’s end) with a shot of the latter’s head being crudely stapled together in order to erase his growing bald spot. …”

Woof. Can’t believe millions of people want this dipshit loser running our economy again.

The selloff has erased significant amounts of wealth for investors — including Trump.

Trump’s dominant stake of 114.75 million shares was valued at $6.2 billion on May 9. It’s now down to about $2 billion, a sharp drop that has knocked Trump off the Bloomberg Billionaires Index of the world’s 500 richest people.
It's going to be hilarious to see that thing drop to pennies the second Kamala, hopefully, is declared the winner.

Has to be one of his worst word salad answers of all time. Which is saying something.

JD cleared it up. Grandmas are going to step up and take care of the child care issue.

I guess if grandmas are like Bimbart being that young is a benefit in your second career as a child care professional.

But if the wolf will hang liberals in the village square, the sheep care not that they are on the menu.
Agreed. I read a response on Twitter where a guy wrote, I just want $2 has and low grocery prices. Nothing matters but one's personal wallet.

You're going to have to be a lot more specific if you want us to know what, exactly, you can't believe. There are a whole lotta options when it comes to Trump.
Might be easier to list the one or two things he's said that are believable.

I watched "Bad Faith" on Amazon Prime video last night and now I better understand his grip on the religious right. They basically view secular society as Satan and view him as a step toward what they ultimately want - an authoritarian theocracy where Christianity is forced down everyone's throats. They know he is a horrible person but view him as a means to an end to defeat the true enemy. The backdoor deals he has with Christian Nationalists to get him votes in megachurches are numerous. Good watch and only 99 cents
Which is an interesting take considering that Christians will tell you that they cannot force anyone to have faith, it's a choice.

But you know they have shown a propensity to want to control other's choices.

Back