Tyreek Hill and Scottie Scheffler

• Thread starter Thread starter theel4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 326
  • Views: 4K
  • Sports 
"anyone that has commented and drawn conclusions before learning anything, is looking for what they want to see"

yea, like you just did.

Ummmm, no. I waited until I saw an asshole running his mouth and demanding not to have his window tapped on, then refused to open his tapped window, while still running his mouth.

Now, you are correct, I do not know the history of this officer. Nor do you. He is either a bad egg trying to be a bad ass, or he has possibly dealt with some crap in his job you and I could never relate to. That doesn't give him the right to overreact. But if I am dealing with dangerous criminals every day and putting my life on the line, somebody that gets pulled is going to do exactly as they are supposed to do. I'm not having someone sent to my home to tell my family I will never return. And if people had a problem with that, I would say fine, you go out there and do it and let people push you around and see how long you last as a pacifest.

I do know if you or I worked a beat in a big city for years, we would have seen some crazy scary shit. Criminals lunging at you with a knife, reaching for a gun, maybe shots fired at you or fellow officers from a car.

When told to put down and keep your tinted window down, you DO IT. We may never know the entire truth, because right or wrong, that one cop's career is over, or worse, because of everything we have seen the last several years, and political pressure.

Last edited:
Ummmm, no. I waited until I saw an asshole running his mouth and demanding not to have his window tapped on, then refused to open his tapped window, while still running his mouth.

Now, you are correct, I do not know the history of this officer. Nor do you. He is either a bad egg trying to be a bad ass, or he has possibly dealt with some crap in his job you and ai could never relate to.

I do know if you or I worked a beat in a big city for years, we would have seen some crazy scary shit. Criminals lunging at you with a knife, reaching for a gun, maybe shots fired at you or fellow officers.

When told to put down and keep your tinted window down, you DO IT. We may never know the entire truth, because right or wrong, that one cop's career is over, or worse, because of everything we have seen the last several years, and political pressure.
Yup. Dark tinted windows in South Florida are a cop's nightmare during a traffic stop.

But he did lower his window to hand him his documents which is all he is required to do. There was no reason to require his window to stay down and he is under no obligation to even speak to the officer. Just take the documents back to your vehicle, write the ticket and go about your day.

If he was kicked when he was already forced out of car, cuffed, and on the ground as I'm sure their procedures call for, then absolutely that is excessive force. Whether running his mouth or not, that guy should be fired. Unless he was trying to get up or was kicking himself. But I haven't seen that. They have all the body cam footage and it should be released or at least shared with Hill's lawyers.

But I stand by what I said, hauling his ass out of car, cuffing, and telling, then having to force him to the ground, was all necessary.

But he did lower his window to hand him his documents which is all he is required to do. There was no reason to require his window to stay down and he is under no obligation to even speak to the officer. Just take the documents back to your vehicle, write the ticket and go about your day.
Exactly. He doesn't have to keep his window down. The cop was ticked off because he was questioned. He didn't like being questioned so he acted like a dick.

And why were there so many cops there for a traffic violation?

You sure about that? You can sit in your car with tinted windows down and when an approaching officer taps on your (tinted) window and asks you to lower your window. you can just sit there and talk smack and not do it? Afraid not.

Your description of "all you are required to do is provide your info and collect your ticket" sure left a LOT out, intentionally. I especially liked the part about "you don't even have to say anything." Clearly that is what Hill did, just sitting there quietly waiting for his ticket, with his window up and staying up.

I can’t believe the people here defending these disgusting cops.
I am not defending the cops. I am defending them up to the point of dragging his sorry ass out of the car, cuffing him, and making him get down. Any excessive force after that, they should get the maximum, not just lost jobs but battery charges.

You sure about that? You can sit in your car with tinted windows down and when an approaching officer taps on your (tinted) window and asks you to lower your window. you can just sit there and talk smack and not do it? Afraid not.

Your description of "all you are required to do is provide your info and collect your ticket" sure left a LOT out, intentionally. I especially liked the part about "you don't even have to say anything." Clearly that is what Hill did, just sitting there quietly waiting for his ticket, with his window up and staying up.
Yes you can keep your windows up. All you are required to do is provide your driving documentation, which he did. And who cares if he said don’t knock on my window? That doesn’t justify pulling him out of the car, shoving him to the ground and cuffing him.

Normal for someone who's hiding all of their insecurities and desire to be in authority behind their badge.

No need for any of this. I don't care who the people they pulled are, no one should be treated like this.

Had they hurt his knee, I'm sure the police would have loved the lawsuit that would follow.

I wonder if later they watched the game and though oh shit...

I listened to it multiple times and didn’t hear him say to fuck off, but maybe I missed it. Regardless he lowered his window to give the cop his documentation so he could write the ticket, which is all he is required to do. This was a traffic violation, not a gun robbery suspect. Write the ticket and move on.
and you can hear that they knew it was Tyrek Hill before anything escalated. If it is some rando in an expensive car, then maybe you can understand some context of why the cops would be nervous not to see inside the vehicle, but what are they thinking a NFL star is going to take a shot at them 2 miles from the stadium on game day? GMAFB.

I haven't commented on this yet for a reason. In fact, anyone that has commented and drawn conclusions before learning anything, is looking for what they want to see and immediately assumed cops were in the wrong.

I could never be a cop and deal with the dangers they do. There are some really bad ones for sure and I've seen way more abuse of power, racism and murder than I ever care to.

But if I'm a cop in that situation, and some arrogant idiot is telling me to F off and don't tap on my window (after I rightfully pulled him over), then refuses to open window, a dark tinted window, I am doing the same damn thing. Hauling his ass out of there and cuff him. Then when he is flapping his yap and lying about he was about to come out (bullshit) as I am telling him to get down on his knees, if he isn't doing it, I am forcing his sorry ass down.
Ooof.

I heard Tyreek tell the cop not to tap on his windows, but didn’t hear him tell the cop to F off. Did other people hear that?

By no means was Tyreek being difficult enough to prompt what folllowed. Some of those cops may have made their last traffic stop for that police department.

Also, oh no! he wasn’t wearing he seatbelt!

Back