UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
The third ad 19 was a missed tackle by a freshman LB, didn’t bother me too much
Agreed but still can't happen IMO. Minnesota wasn't even calling a play like they wanted to get a first down. But thankfully it didn't hurt us. That's the one play, besides the DPI, on which the defense hasn't looked good. They've been stout.

I'd like to see us go with Harrell and Hampton and just design the whole offense around running downhill with those two. The OL looks like it's going to struggle with pass pro, and Max looks awful under pressure.

Defense is still pretty bad, but the offense is even more inept than I thought they would be.

The OL simply isn’t good enough for a QB like Max Johnson to work. If he had time to step up into a clean pocket and drive into his throws he might be alright, but he’s not quick enough and doesn’t have nearly enough arm strength to be effective scrambling all of the time like Howell and Maye were.

Defense is still pretty bad, but the offense is even more inept than I thought they would be.

The OL simply isn’t good enough for a QB like Max Johnson to work. If he had time to step up into a clean pocket and drive into his throws he might be alright, but he’s not quick enough and doesn’t have nearly enough arm strength to be effective scrambling all of the time like Howell and Maye were.
Totally agree with every word.

This is so much more enjoyable than an IC game thread has ever been. I'm literally never going there ever again lolol

Interception was just a killer.

We have had one drive.

Otherwise garbage offensively.

If we had a decent O-Line, we’d line up and make holes for Omarion Hampton. We don’t have a decent O-Line.

And, the defense is what it’s been.

Back