Walz — Comer Opens Congressional Investigation of Walz trips to China

My ONLY two concerns- and these are not really a major concern by any means- are 1. that we left two strong swing state cards on the table, and 2. that it provides a slight opening to potentially create the narrative that the left flank of the party "won out" as opposed to the "centrist" part of the party.

But Shapiro wasn't without his own questions, either. And I feel certain that the campaign came to the conclusion that they can and will win Pennsylvania even with Shapiro not formally on the ticket. Ultimately, if the only way that Harris was going to win PA was to have Shapiro on the ticket, the election was probably already over anyway.

They must feel VERY confident in Pennsylvania. I am shocked. I know zero about Walz though.

My feeling is that if Wisconsin and Michigan are going to go blue, then so too will Pennsylvania. I know it's technically and theoretically entirely possible for Pennsylvania to go red while the other two go blue, but I find that to be a very, very unlikely scenario, as I highly doubt that 1. Shapiro isn't going to campaign hard for Harris in PA, and 2. that Walz wouldn't be seen as very relatable to Pennsylvanians.

If this ticket wins, it would be two consecutive winning presidential tickets without an Ivy League alumnus on it.

As someone who won’t be voting for the ticket either way (so I’m not their target audience), I’m disappointed it isn’t Shapiro because Shapiro is the kind of politician I’ve really grown to like as my own political views have evolved recently. I like the pragmatic centrist governors like Cooper, Shapiro, Beshear, Hogan, etc regardless of which party designation they have.

Someone like Shapiro on the top of the ticket is what it would take to get me to actually vote Dem, but him being VP would’ve put him in position to potentially be at the top of the ticket by 2032.

I’m sure Vance will debate him “anywhere anytime” as long as it’s on Fox News with Sean Hannity as the moderator in front of a crowd of vetted Maga’s.

And he’s experienced. 12 years in the House. Re-elected as Governor, beating his opponent by ~8% in a purplish state.

But older so doesn’t close the door to others on the Dem bench for (hopefully) 2032 and beyond.

Back