Welcome! (Small Update Mon. 7/29)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 233
  • Views: 3K
@TarSpiel you had the issue at work right? And it worked for a couple days but not now?

Hey Rock...the first day it didn't work initially - this was the next morning after you went live with it - and then about 3:00 your time it did work, for about 6 hours. Then it stopped. I tried regularly/obsessively to log in when at work, so it was pretty constantly off. I can access it at home and on my mobile device no problem...just the network at my work was having trouble.

A weird thing happened yesterday, I was able to get through once, but none of the formatting or anything came through, just unformatted text...and it came through really wonky and slow. But then after that...again, nada.

I don't think it's our firewall. I think our network is asking for some kind of certificate or IP confirmation or something from the server, and not finding it. I don't know crap about this sort of thing, but that was my impression.

Rock
Anyway to show who posted most recently as well as who started the thead?
I can see about who posted most recently but what do you mean by who started the thread? if you're talking about on the topics page, it's the person whose name and avatar is to the left of the title. Unless I misunderstanding.

You guys are aware you can search and post GIFs through this, right?

Screenshot 2024-07-26 220203.png
Dance Deal With It GIF by Justin Gammon

I can see about who posted most recently but what do you mean by who started the thread? if you're talking about on the topics page, it's the person whose name and avatar is to the left of the title. Unless I misunderstanding.
This is not even close to a priority, but I did kind of like on the other board that it would show not just who posted on the thread most recently, but also how many new posts had been made to the thread since the last time I viewed it. Could be a nice add here at some point. But this board is already a million times better than IC, so no rush at all. Thanks for all you’re doing.

This is not even close to a priority, but I did kind of like on the other board that it would show not just who posted on the thread most recently, but also how many new posts had been made to the thread since the last time I viewed it. Could be a nice add here at some point. But this board is already a million times better than IC, so no rush at all. Thanks for all you’re doing.
Second this. On the main board with a list of all the threads, I see the OP but not the last person to post. I'm on mobile if that makes a difference. Not sure about PC.

Also, thanks very much for setting this up and doing all this work.

last person to post shows up on desktop
Yeah. I think it might be a mobile thing. I'm on android/chrome if that makes a difference.

I just noticed it this morning so not sure if it has been that way sine the start or maybe a box got ticked lately while a different change was made.

That's good. Generally just means a design setting that someone thought hey let's save space on phones. I can probably toggle it back on. There's about a million things like that to work through so appreciate you guys bringing it up!

Man, I hope you at least somewhat enjoy this. I appreciate your responsive (on and off board) and diligent trouble-shooting.

@farce @gtyellowjacket @lawtig02 @altmin

Looking into it, it's a real estate thing on mobile regarding who last posted. Their solution was that you have to turn your mobile device sideways. As someone who never turns their phone sideways except when watching videos, that's not gonna work. Will come up with a solution soon! Thanks for letting me know of the issue.

@farce @gtyellowjacket @lawtig02 @altmin

Looking into it, it's a real estate thing on mobile regarding who last posted. Their solution was that you have to turn your mobile device sideways. As someone who never turns their phone sideways except when watching videos, that's not gonna work. Will come up with a solution soon! Thanks for letting me know of the issue.
I'd say it's not too big a deal. Definitely up to you if want to work on it.

Last edited:
I'd say it's not too big a deal. Definitely up to you if want to work on it.
Been tinkering and I've managed to get the users avatar that last posted in the thread to display on the right side. But, no one has everyone's avatar memorized and I'd rather it just say the name so a little bit of a solution for now.

...wow. I just realized something. Have we not been able to quote people the entire time this forum has been up unless you clicked on the reply button and only could quote that one thing?

If so, multi-quote is now available because I apparently accidentally turned it off at some point or it came turned off by default. Multi-quote is a crazy useful feature. I'm embarrassed if it's been off this whole time.

Been tinkering and I've managed to get the users avatar that last posted in the thread to display on the right side. But, no one has everyone's avatar memorized and I'd rather it just say the name so a little bit of a solution for now.
I’m seeing the last poster’s avatar and their name on the right side of the thread list.

Back