Welcome! (Small Update Mon. 7/29)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 233
  • Views: 3K
On an iPad. I didn’t realize you were talking only about mobile. I only use my phone when I’m not at home. I’m too old to see things on a phone when I don’t have to!
Yeah, one of the headaches of setting this up is how different the experience is across phone, tablet, laptop/desktop, etc. I don't know how user experience breaks down but I would guess iPhone/Android is either first or second in terms of what users are using so.

Thanks for letting me know it's working on an iPad!

Yeah, one of the headaches of setting this up is how different the experience is across phone, tablet, laptop/desktop, etc. I don't know how user experience breaks down but I would guess iPhone/Android is either first or second in terms of what users are using so.

Thanks for letting me know it's working on an iPad!
That was always a concern with our website before I retired and don’t have to worry about it any longer! It was always a pain having to test everything on every platform using every browser.

Greetings! And thanks to @nycfan for the invite over. Been on a long exile from IC for no particular reason. Spend most of my fighting time over on The BoB. Really cut my teeth on Forums at the long-defunct ACCBoards.Com. I see some folks here that I recognize (I've 'liked' y'all as I scrolled through this thread -- if I missed anyone it might be because of a change of handle or failing memory -- UNC Class of '80). Glad to be here.

Attachments

• GimghoulUpsideDown.jpg
    GimghoulUpsideDown.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2
Greetings! And thanks to @nycfan for the invite over. Been on a long exile from IC for no particular reason. Spend most of my fighting time over on The BoB. Really cut my teeth on Forums at the long-defunct ACCBoards.Com. I see some folks here that I recognize (I've 'liked' y'all as I scrolled through this thread -- if I missed anyone it might be because of a change of handle or failing memory -- UNC Class of '80). Glad to be here.

Testing Mobile — Photo of my boys.

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Rock:

Is there a way to get a running report of those who like or quote your post? ZZLP had the feature and it was helpful for responding to posters in a timely way. I generally checked that report first before going into the threads. The only comparable thing I've found here is to go into my profile and check out each post for responses. I suspect there's a better/quicker way to "update" myself.

Rock:

Is there a way to get a running report of those who like or quote your post? ZZLP had the feature and it was helpful for responding to posters in a timely way. I generally checked that report first before going into the threads. The only comparable thing I've found here is to go into my profile and check out each post for responses. I suspect there's a better/quicker way to "update" myself.
I believe you're referring to the notification system unless I'm misunderstanding, which is possible. The bell in the top right that sometimes has a red number next to it is how you get notified people are interacting with your content or content that you care to be notified about. If you click your name/avatar in the top right and then go to preferences, you have a wide range of options about what to be notified about:

notificaitons.png
I would ignore the second half of those notifications as we're not really utilizing our profiles it seems but the first half, fine tune to what you like. I have the ability to set the forum defaults for everyone and I guess I should set it to people getting alerted when someone reacts to their message as that's how it was on 247.

But yeah, this is what you mean, correct?

I believe you're referring to the notification system unless I'm misunderstanding, which is possible. The bell in the top right that sometimes has a red number next to it is how you get notified people are interacting with your content or content that you care to be notified about. If you click your name/avatar in the top right and then go to preferences, you have a wide range of options about what to be notified about:

notificaitons.png
I would ignore the second half of those notifications as we're not really utilizing our profiles it seems but the first half, fine tune to what you like. I have the ability to set the forum defaults for everyone and I guess I should set it to people getting alerted when someone reacts to their message as that's how it was on 247.

But yeah, this is what you mean, correct?
That's it. Thank you, Rock.

On mobile,

Is there any way to have the board software "highlight" topics that have had *new*posts on it since you last looked at it? The previous ZZLP's board software would make the thread titles bolder if there were new posts since you last visited.

Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?

If these options are available, please me with how to do it. Thanks.

On mobile,

Is there any way to have the board software "highlight" topics that have had *new*posts on it since you last looked at it? The previous ZZLP's board software would make the thread titles bolder if there were new posts since you last visited.

Similarly is there a way to make it when you click on a thread you’ve already visited that it takes you to where you left off; any new or unread posts?

If these options are available, please me with how to do it. Thanks.
Gran, sorry for the slow response. Trying to implement some new functions and part of what you said was included so just had to wait.

At the top of the forum list on mobile you should see Mark read/Watch. If you click Mark read, it will ask you to confirm, and then when you come back, all threads that have had posts since you left will appear bright/bold as they have had new posts. Is this what you are referring to and are saying the 247 software did without having to click Mark read? Sorry, just trying to understand if I have it right.

As to your second question, if you leave a thread and click on it again, it should take you back to where you left off. You're not the first person to ask this though others said it worked as though you asked so I'm wondering if there is a problem.

Sorry, again to clarify, you're saying that when you click on a thread you already visited, it takes you to the first post or say the last post and not the one you were on when you left?.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Might as well introduce myself. I've been a lurker since the very beginning of the uncbasketball boards. I was BabaORiley back then and took a hiatus and when I returned, my name was gone. I was GarnerHeel on inside Carolina. I don't post much and probably will continue to be a lurker with the occasional post but I appreciate the new board. Now if you can just get a substitute twitter going, I'll be impressed. ;)

Might as well introduce myself. I've been a lurker since the very beginning of the uncbasketball boards. I was BabaORiley back then and took a hiatus and when I returned, my name was gone. I was GarnerHeel on inside Carolina. I don't post much and probably will continue to be a lurker with the occasional post but I appreciate the new board. Now if you can just get a substitute twitter going, I'll be impressed. ;)
Welcome
I am now a Garnerian........

Welcome. I'm happy to see IC'ers making the switch. Maybe you'll jump into the fray more over here!

Thanks for setting this up. I haven't been on the ZZL/ZZLP much the last few years, so I'm not sure whether or how much I will be here. But I have at least created an account.
Wow, a bumeister sighting!

I'm old and retired now so I'm taking on the Walmart greeter role here. So....Welcome.

Welcome
I am now a Garnerian........
I have been in Garner since 1996. I bought a house down a dirt road off of White Oak before the shopping center existed (have moved down the road a bit since). I'm happy that the historic downtown area is starting to have some interesting places to go. If you have a chance to go by the White Oak Grill and Lounge (also known to us as the Dive Bar), the beer and drinks are cheap and the food is very good. It's a little scary from the outside but a very interesting crowd of people that show up.

I have been in Garner since 1996. I bought a house down a dirt road off of White Oak before the shopping center existed (have moved down the road a bit since). I'm happy that the historic downtown area is starting to have some interesting places to go. If you have a chance to go by the White Oak Grill and Lounge (also known to us as the Dive Bar), the beer and drinks are cheap and the food is very good. It's a little scary from the outside but a very interesting crowd of people that show up.
I have been here just a couple years-off of Vandora just a ways down from Lorraines Things are picking up for sure!! We keep meaning to hang out some "downtown"

Back