What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
All good man; I can't seem to remember shit these days but for some reason I had "Touareg" stuck in my brain.
It was def a Touareg. I had to go look up what the heck a Touareg was. And I had to go look up the spelling every time I made reference to that event.

Yes. I was lucky enough to be in that group for David Noel’s senior night. Great guy and his wife was equally kind.

I was there that night too, along with... wtz? lvs? Who else?

That was around the same we had a BoB get-together at Tylers in Durham, where we learned Keyser was both less and also somehow more scary in person, lol.

randman is a childhood friend of mine and I am still close to his siblings. Saw two of them last weekend at the Connells show at the NC Art Museum. I would've loved to have seen his antics on the ZZL/P. I'm sure I could get him over here if anyone is interested (I kid, I kid)...

Only invite rand if you want to ruin the board, and I am being completely serious. Unless rand has changed (he hasn't), and/or is medicated in some way, this board will become all rand, all the time.

He's a nut but he's also a friend. Certainly we've had our share of knock down, drag out arguments over the years. We're from the same hometown and were at UNC together. I believe he was the original Pit Preacher in the 80's after he found Jesus at a Grateful Dead show (I was there for that too, but alas, Jesus eluded me on that occasion and has continued to). I would never invite him over here. I can handle his antics but from what I've gathered (and can totally understand) he was the disruptor par excellence on the ZZLP before I got there. I wouldn't want to be the opener of that can of worms...

Last edited:
He's a nut but he's also a friend. Certainly we've had our share of knock down, drag out arguments over the years. We're from the same hometown and were at UNC together. I believe he was the original Pit Preacher in the 80's after he found Jesus at a Grateful Dead show (I was there for that too, but alas, Jesus eluded me on that occasion and has continued to). I would never invite him over here. I can handle his antics but from what I've gathered (and can totally understand) he was the disputer par excellence on the ZZLP before I got there. I wouldn't want to be the opener of that can of worms...

I've interacted with rand on half a dozen message boards (some Tar Heel related, some not) over many years, and he's been banned on basically all of them for unceasing personal attacks and bad faith arguments, and has zero self-awareness. He is like a noxious gas, displacing all the oxygen in every room he enters, and is a black hole for moderators and message board admins.

Yeah, ManhattanHeel actually chewed me out one time for suggesting that there were individual department at NCSU that were among the best of their kind in the country and were actively recruited by employers. In particular, she once said that NCSU engineering graduates were held in wide ridicule by employers. I responded that was not the case and, to the contrary, NCSU engineering graduates had the reputation of not being prima donnas and were actively sought after by employers seeking an engineer who didn't mind getting his or her hands dirty on mundane tasks the needed to be done and done correctly. She did not respond well to this rather mild praise of NCSU.

ETA1: Q: How do you tell the difference between an extroverted engineer and an introverted engineer? A: When an extroverted engineer talks to you, he looks at your shoes rather than his shoes.

ETA2: Q: How much does it cost to get an estimate from an engineer? A: I don't know, but give me two months and half a million dollars and I can give you a feasibility study.
🤣 As an engineer, I have heard both of those jokes and I live them.

Only invite rand if you want to ruin the board, and I am being completely serious. Unless rand has changed (he hasn't), and/or is medicated in some way, this board will become all rand, all the time.
Agreed. I never interacted with him much, but the guy practically lived on the politics boards 24/7 and constantly posted stuff night and day on nearly every politics-related thread. He was prolific, I'll give him that. Just before he was banned there were threads - long ones - where he literally had written about half the posts on the thread, or more. You couldn't avoid his posts, they were everywhere. And given the sheer number of his posts and his crazed posting style (he held nothing back when it came to attacking individual posters) he naturally became the focus of discussion on many threads, thus ruining them.

I’ve been posting since the ACCBoards days, along with nycfan, donbosco, and others.
I am not as esteemed as many, but what does one have to do to get off plain-old “Member” status?

I’ve been posting since the ACCBoards days, along with nycfan, donbosco, and others.
I am not as esteemed as many, but what does one have to do to get off plain-old “Member” status?
Hmmm…now I seem to be an “Active Member,” so I am moving up in the world. This feels better.

That whole klan just loves to stalk me!! It’s uncanny (except Wa).

It appears to be how many poasts one has.

rotawa and/or kik would be “Gods” by now.

It appears to be how many poasts one has.

rotawa and/or kik would be “Gods” by now.
“Rearrange the letter to make a new word” threads exist for post padding, as does responding “yep” to multiple posts on multiple threads rather than just upvoting/liking.

“Rearrange the letter to make a new word” threads exist for post padding, as does responding “yep” to multiple posts on multiple threads rather than just upvoting/liking.
Thanks. I’ll just post reply’s for a while when it isn’t really necessary nor adds to the conversation. Like this post, for example.

He's a nut but he's also a friend. Certainly we've had our share of knock down, drag out arguments over the years. We're from the same hometown and were at UNC together. I believe he was the original Pit Preacher in the 80's after he found Jesus at a Grateful Dead show (I was there for that too, but alas, Jesus eluded me on that occasion and has continued to). I would never invite him over here. I can handle his antics but from what I've gathered (and can totally understand) he was the disruptor par excellence on the ZZLP before I got there. I wouldn't want to be the opener of that can of worms...
Wait wut? Rand was the pit preacher in 80's? Second half of 80's? I was there '85 to '89. I passed the pit preacher 2 or 3 times a week on way to or from classes.

He was kind of tall and lanky with straight blonde or dirty blonde hair. I forget his real name. But he would run towards me near the steps, point at me and shout "foooooooornicator" with his bible open. Crazy dude.

Back