ZZLP impact on IC?

IC gets good info, often gets it before it's publicly available. However, that info is rarely available more than 24 hours before public announcements.

I won't be dropping my premium subscriptions. I still like the sports boards. If they lose the paramount subscription benefit, that might cause me to rethink things.

Plus the jury is still out on this place, it's going to need an influx of new blood.
Sometimes less is more.

You limp dicked fuck sticks playing Happy Cockslaps with a dookie talking shit about Mack makes me wanna uppercut your fat asses into the sun in front of your mothers on Christmas morning

You limp dicked fuck sticks playing Happy Cockslaps with a dookie talking shit about Mack makes me wanna uppercut your fat asses into the sun in front of your mothers on Christmas morning
Whew! Tell us how you really feel! But I hear ya, any dookie coming on here talking smack is beyond the pale. Has anyone gone to TDD and talked that kinda smack about one of theirs and lived to see the end of the afternoon without a banning? No, didn't think so.

I’ve never been a moderator of an Internet forum so I admit that I maybe don’t have the best perspective.

Still, I don’t get why IC took such a hard line against any political discussion. I don’t buy the “it’s a sports site first and foremost” logic either. It’s not like you get directed straight to the ZZL or ZZLP when you go to the site; you have to really go out of your way to navigate to those boards. Now I can understand why they would want to split ZZL and ZZLP into two boards to keep the ZZL for getting overrun with threads that are directly about elections, policies, etc. Occasionally though there are topics that aren’t directly political but the discussion might veer slightly into politics.

For example, the new UNC Chancellor is obviously something people associated with the university are interested in, but there’s also a political element to that situation. The thread about it on the ZZL got promptly shut down because of politics. If you don’t like the way a topic like that is being discussed or disagree with some of the political stances related to it or you’re afraid that an anonymous person on the internet is being too mean about it, how fricking hard is it to simply not look at that particular post? I don’t get it.
I was just reading over there and ran across multiple threads on the Tar Pit and ZZL-V with political or politically-adjacent posts. The culprits are almost exclusively posters I recognize as residing on one side of the aisle politically and committed to making their political opinions known. IC either isn't actually going to enforce the new "no politics" policy or they're going to end up having to ban those posters because they aren't going to stop.

The old board(s) before 247 were better. Scout and the ones before that. Manhattanheel, Vster, etc on the free bball board was way cool. Around 2004-2005 (after the doh wars) and around that first Roy 'chip... free bball board was where I would hang. Had zero interest in zzl and only found zzlp well after the trump wars had been going on for a few years.

I'll check in on the free bball board in November, after the election and around the start of the season. If for no other reason than to throw some shade at the Hubert haters and those casting aspersions on the players and other coaches. And to beat down on a dookie or two should they rear their ugly heads.

ronjon, is this the new blood you were looking for? 2 post in and...
😁

I was just reading over there and ran across multiple threads on the Tar Pit and ZZL-V with political or politically-adjacent posts. The culprits are almost exclusively posters I recognize as residing on one side of the aisle politically and committed to making their political opinions known. IC either isn't actually going to enforce the new "no politics" policy or they're going to end up having to ban those posters because they aren't going to stop.
No surprise, it seemed obvious reading the posts of some people on the IC ZZLP in the last few days before it was shut down that some of those posters were obsessive about political trolling and likely weren't going to stop just because they weren't supposed to do so anymore. As we get closer to election day I have little doubt that many of them will find ways to keep posting politically-related stuff, and it will be interesting to see if they get banned or not.

I still have my IC subscription. I had started spending 95% of my time there on the ZZL-P, so I haven't visited in a while. Too much negativity after losses and I don't care to follow recruiting anymore. The included Paramount+ Sub is the biggest reason I stick around for now.

So is this place going to be negative during basketball season?

Yep, it feels like Mack not being more upset about the endings of the last 2 seasons + not replacing him = settling firmly into mediocrity.
If Mack finishes with a 9+ win season this year and another winning season next year if he stays who’s to say his second tenure wasn’t a success? Rebuilt relationships with NC high school coaches, improved facilities and new HC will have blueprint of what works and what doesn’t (Galloway?). Wasn’t as successful as it could’ve been but Fedora left the program in a dumpster fire. What is 19’ and 20’ seasons like without Sam Howell?

Back