ZZLP impact on IC?

I think that the currently worrisome state of basketball recruiting and the lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming football season after what we’ve seen the past few years and with the loss of Drake Maye have negatively impacted IC.

I think college football is gross, but i watch/fast forward through our games. I skim the hoops board until the season. That being said, college hoops has become gross as well, but can you give me a brief breakdown on the worrisome state of basketball recruiting?

Sam Howell and Drake Maye back to back and no championship, there is a reason for the lack of enthusiasm.
Yep. Speaking for myself personally, both as someone who has always been a “Carolina football first” fan and also as a former UNC Football letterman, our completely wasting the two greatest quarterbacks in school history back to back has just completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to muster much enthusiasm after that, and then when you factor in the schedule is just a complete joke this year, it’s really hard to get too amped up. I will obviously watch every game but my level of give a damn is, unfortunately right now, more diminished than ever before. I’m just not sure that the university has the actual appetite or desire to try to be really, really good in football- but I was also a part of the Butch Davis era where the university threw the whole football program under the bus in a way that I do not believe would have happened had the basketball program been the object of an NCAA investigation (and to be very clear, I love Carolina basketball- I’m not saying anything negative about the program itself. Just that I do not believe that the football program has ever had or will ever have the same administrative support from the university).

Last edited:
Yep. Speaking for myself personally, both as someone who has always been a “Carolina football first” fan and also as a former UNC Football letterman, our completely wasting the two greatest quarterbacks in school history back to back has just completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to muster much enthusiasm after that, and then when you factor in the schedule is just a complete joke this year, it’s really hard to get too amped up. I will obviously watch every game but my level of give a damn is, unfortunately right now, more diminished than ever before. I’m just not sure that the university has the actual appetite or desire to try to be really, really good in football- but I was also a part of the Butch Davis era where the university threw the whole football program under the bus in a way that I do not believe would have happened had the basketball program been the object of an NCAA investigation (and to be very clear, I love Carolina basketball- I’m not saying anything negative about the program itself. Just that I do not believe that the football program has ever had or will ever have the same administrative support from the university).
Ok look, as you probably know i'm a Duke fan and you guys were gifted the last two wins. Chop block, are you fucking kidding me? Interception not a interception, ok i got it out. But, Mack is done, he doesn't even know what time zone he is in. If a coach can't win with Sam and Drake you need to fire his ass. Sam went 21 - 17 i believe, correct if i'm wrong. And Bubba, come on is that his real name...did not fire him?

I think college football is gross, but i watch/fast forward through our games. I skim the hoops board until the season. That being said, college hoops has become gross as well, but can you give me a brief breakdown on the worrisome state of basketball recruiting?
Probably missing out on getting a legit big man.

Really hard to get up for football season with the way the last few seasons ended when they had Sam and Drake. I don't see this season's team being nearly as good either.

Yeah this is what I’m wondering too. We didn’t get a portal big man but we signed 2 5-star freshmen and are in the mix for a ton of top tier players in the coming classes.

I still have my IC subscription. I had started spending 95% of my time there on the ZZL-P, so I haven't visited in a while. Too much negativity after losses and I don't care to follow recruiting anymore. The included Paramount+ Sub is the biggest reason I stick around for now.

IC is a huge fraud. If everyone knew what I know they wouldn't give them the time of day much less their money.

It's pretty clearly not a huge fraud.

You may have a legitimate gripe about it, but talking like that is just going to erode your credibility with anyone who can tell shit from shinola.

Put another way, IC pays Sherrell McMillan's salary, and that dude is awesome, and so are other individuals associated with the site.

Ok look, as you probably know i'm a Duke fan and you guys were gifted the last two wins. Chop block, are you fucking kidding me? Interception not an interception, ok i got it out. But, Mack is done, he doesn't even know what time zone he is in. If a coach can't win with Sam and Drake you need to fire his ass. Sam went 21 - 17 i believe, correct if i'm wrong. And Bubba, come on is that his real name...did not fire him?
Yeah, we have absolutely stolen a couple from y’all recently. I love Mack as a person and as a representative of the University but I just don’t think that he’s got enough gas left in the tank or fire in the belly to elevate the program. The “8 wins are pretty good around here” comment last season, which came on the heels of talking about how he doesn’t “wake up and hate NC State” has left a bad taste in my mouth that I can’t get out.

Yeah, we have absolutely stolen a couple from y’all recently. I love Mack as a person and as a representative of the University but I just don’t think that he’s got enough gas left in the tank or fire in the belly to elevate the program. The “8 wins are pretty good around here” comment last season, which came on the heels of talking about how he doesn’t “wake up and hate NC State” has left a bad taste in my mouth that I can’t get out.
Yep, it feels like Mack not being more upset about the endings of the last 2 seasons + not replacing him = settling firmly into mediocrity.

UNC football will always be mediocre. It’s wishful to think otherwise. College football is also long dead

Yeah I agree that that’s probably how it all played out, and the ZZLP was getting pretty messy. Still though, how much effort did it really take to moderate that board? And if you’re going to get rid of ZZLP, it seems inevitable that ZZL will be gone too. With their zero tolerance policy they’re going to have to spend even more time than before curbing the political discussion.
Kik and OCS (is he unbanned?) will turn a thread about daylillies political in a nanosecond.

Back