2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
Interesting.

I’ve seen far more Trump ads on TV in NC than Harris ad. But then, most of my “live” TV viewing these days is sports, and I imagine Trump is focused on reaching the male-dominated demographic of sports-watchers.
I watch local news and see far more Trump ads, the same ones over and over, sometimes repeated in the same commercial break. My guess is less of the Harris money is going to traditional TV ads and a lot more is targeted online advertising. I do see more Harris ads on YouTube but the problem with that is you can skip it after 5 seconds.

I watch local news and see far more Trump ads, the same ones over and over, sometimes repeated in the same commercial break. My guess is less of the Harris money is going to traditional TV ads and a lot more is targeted online advertising. I do see more Harris ads on YouTube but the problem with that is you can skip it after 5 seconds.
I see more trump ads on tv too... and also on youtube vids... and I get trump postcard mailers every other day. Of course, I'm registered Unaffiliated - so they're targeting me as a "swing voter" - I get that...
But I'm not at all sure why YouTube videos of watching guitar solos, guitar tutorials, or re-runs of Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel would warrant so many trumpian ads?

Is your local news owned by Sinclair? That may explain why.

I would never post it, BUT THAT ANSWER RIGHT THERE is when it would be appropriate to post the Ms. South Carolina meme.
I agree with you that it should not be posted. But, on the other hand, apparently that former Miss Teen South Carolina would be greatly flattered by having her ability to extemporaneously answer the tough questions was favorably compared to that of St. Donald of Mar-a-Lago.

Interesting.

I’ve seen far more Trump ads on TV in NC than Harris ad. But then, most of my “live” TV viewing these days is sports, and I imagine Trump is focused on reaching the male-dominated demographic of sports-watchers.
We watch mainly sports and news and my husband keeps commenting how amazed he is that Harris ads seem to be 4-1 or 5-1 over Trump ads. And many of the pro-Trump ads we see are by PACs (not the Trump campaign), while we see as many or more campaign ads by Harris.

It seems to me that we see the most pro-Trump ads on the weekends during sports (my son watches NASCAR and see a weird amount of Trump ads there — seems like preaching to the choir, but I guess it is get out the vote?).

We rarely watch the local newscast except when Queen City News is on while we are in a sports bar — and do see more Trump ads there now that I think about it.

I’ve always felt the primary shortcoming of polls that can never be fully mitigated is measuring the likelihood that person will actually vote on voting day.

If you call me up and ask what flavor of ice cream I want next Saturday I can give you an answer. But when Saturday comes, do I actually feel strongly enough about that ice cream flavor that I’m willing to get dressed, get in my car, drive, park, walk in, stand in line, order and wait for the ice cream?

I think when push comes to shove, there are going to be more people willing to actually go vote for Harris than Trump on voting day.

I’ve always felt the primary shortcoming of polls that can never be fully mitigated is measuring the likelihood that person will actually vote on voting day.

If you call me up and ask what flavor of ice cream I want next Saturday I can give you an answer. But when Saturday comes, do I actually feel strongly enough about that ice cream flavor that I’m willing to get dressed, get in my car, drive, park, walk in, stand in line, order and wait for the ice cream?

I think when push comes to shove, there are going to be more people willing to actually go vote for Harris than Trump on voting day.
I think you are right. The motivation to vote for Harris will be greater than the motivation for Trump.

The X factor is the effectiveness of the GQP strategy to keep Harris voters from voting and the vote nullification strategy after the election.

Our legal system is a complete joke.
I fully expect our appellate courts to order that ballots not be sent out until his name is removed. There will be no legal basis for that. It will simply be because NC’s appellate courts are made up mainly of Republican hacks who will ensure that anything that could potentially benefit Republicans will be carried out if they have the opportunity to rule on such things.

Back