I do want conservatives on here

The board was shut down after the flood of right-wing trolls (not posters…TROLLS), who migrated from The Tar Pit to stir shit up after the first presidential debate. You do the math on that one.

We started this board to reset. It’s a left-leaning board, so you’ll just have to deal with that. If you’re here for healthy debate and understand that your ideas will be challenged while you are challenging ours, you’ll be fine. If you’re here to play the victim and whine about being outnumbered and complain about how mean the liberals are, you might as well just move on and find a different board to post on.

Unfortunately, based on your first post, you seem to be in the latter because you’re already complaining without anyone having attacked you. Hopefully, I’m wrong about that.
Update: I wasn't wrong about that.

I am a proud conservative and I support the GOP.

I was a member of IC before it became IC. As in the old ACC Boards…

What the ZZL-P became was a joke. Certain posters, who I see are here, were allowed carte blanche on what they were allowed to say to those they disagreed with.

And of course the pile on that followed.

I will watch and see how this board evolves. So far it’s not much different.

Any differing opinions are because of the person having it is a “mouth breathing simpleton..”

That is a real good way to encourage healthy discussions.

It also shows how much many on the left are the exact same as the MAGA cultists but on the different side of the same coin.

Non-ironically it is the same few posters that led to the ZZLP board being shutdown.
Quite the contrary. I see numerous healthy bipartisan discussions happening on these boards every day. Opposing viewpoints are welcome here anytime.

The problem occurs when one side fails to bring facts or is not rooted in reality. Unfortunately for your case, it always seems to be one side in particular that is guilty of this.

For the same reason it’s SOP to not negotiate with terrorists, many of us also choose not to debate with “mouth-breathing simpletons” (your words) who refuse to deal in facts or reality.

Quite the contrary. I see numerous healthy bipartisan discussions happening on these boards every day. Opposing viewpoints are welcome here anytime.

The problem occurs when one side fails to bring facts or is not rooted in reality. Unfortunately for your case, it always seems to be one side in particular that is guilty of this.

For the same reason it’s SOP to not negotiate with terrorists, many of us also choose not to debate with “mouth-breathing simpletons” (your words) who refuse to deal in facts or reality.
This is why I have him/her on ignore

Man we're all Americans and political crap needs to be amicably figured out. They call it democracy because we're all about who's going to use Gretchen's 3 point plan..... GET SHIT DONE! I love that lady and it's a great line but unless we stop letting unread idiots mess with democracy we're screwed. All media is motivated by self interest and it's not a bad business plan. It's just that when you move from selling soap to accepting fascism (looking at you Elon)to hit your number you have missed your demise.

Of course the old Episcopal USA split in half a while back lol
Most all denominations split around 2006-2012 over LGBT.
(This coincides with right wing rise, world wide. The push back is real. But I digress)

The official stance of The Episcopal Church in the United States is: "All are welcome. Regardless". Less than half (not half as you say), departed during the schism. A lot of the Diocese’s in Texas split, for example (go figure) to align otherwise. They are homophobic (bless their hearts). The Presbyterian, Lutheran and Methodist Churches also endured this schism around the same time, with some just now coming to grips, not that long ago.

But all of that is neither here nor there in relation to this thread. I was merely using an appropriate quote from a reliable source to wish
a heartfelt WELCOME to @EringhausSouth! May all of your poasts and comments be of truth, apple pie and the American Way!
Of course the old Episcopal USA split in half a while back lol
-

Most all denominations split around 2006-2012 over LGBT.
(This coincides with right wing rise, world wide. The push back is real. But I digress)

The official stance of The Episcopal Church in the United States is: "All are welcome. Regardless". Less than half (not half as you say), departed during the schism. A lot of the Diocese’s in Texas split, for example (go figure) to align otherwise. They are homophobic (bless their hearts). The Presbyterian, Lutheran and Methodist Churches also endured this schism around the same time, with some just now coming to grips, not that long ago.

But all of that is neither here nor there in relation to this thread. I was merely using an appropriate quote from a reliable source to wish
a heartfelt WELCOME to EringhausSouth! May all of your poasts and comments be of truth, apple pie and the American Way!

-
Oh I was very much an Episcopal member then-our church in CH was on the "marry the Gay" side . I too welcome Eringhaus and really enjoy your posts I was being a weiner

I would give a piece of advice to Pubs and Conservatives willing to give this place a try. Think of it as going to a rival's sports board.

You can post there but you are on a much shorter leash than them. You are allowed to debate in good faith, but you will be shunned if you engage in the simple trashing of their side. And YES you will get ganged up on and called all sorts of stuff. You have to have a thick skin.

I am generally more welcome now because it is election season and the majority of topics are about the candidates. I despise Trump, the many many Pub politicians who do as well yet cave to the MAGA cult. I am fearful of the militant, christo-fascist, and cult like element of MAGA.

But I have participated in many political debates on IC. I was labeled a troll and bo-sider many many times. There are certain posters here that believe you must 100% agree with them or you are a troll.

I know who they are, and when they attack, I do my best to ignore them.

I was given a time-out (multi day ban) one time on IC discussing trans issues. I am a social moderate or left of center. I really do not have any issues with trans people and feel they should not be persecuted. I draw the line, however, at trans women competing in women's sports.

The post I got banned over, I deserved the ban. I will also add that people that brought facts and medical information on trans individuals taught me a lot. I had no facts on the subject. I still struggle with allowing procedures prior to adulthood or later teen years, but, I understand a lot better after being taught some very important facts and reality. That is why I enjoy political discussion with opposing views. It gives me the opportunity to consider new things, or even feel even more strongly about my own views when I hear weak arguments from the other side.

I do not like anyone that holds views out of hate for others.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I would give a piece of advice to Pubs and Conservatives willing to give this place a try. Think of it as going to a rival's sports board.

You can post there but you are on a much shorter leash than them. You are allowed to debate in good faith, but you will be shunned if you engage in the simple trashing of their side. And YES you will get ganged up on and called all sorts of stuff. You have to have a thick skin.

I am generally more welcome now because it is election season and the majority of topics are about the candidates. I despise Trump, the many many Pub politicians who do as well yet cave to the MAGA cult. I am fearful of the militant, christo-fascist, and cult like element of MAGA.

But I have participated in many political debates on IC. I was labeled a troll and bo-sider many many times. There are certain posters here that believe you must 100% agree with them or you are a troll.

I know who they are, and when they attack, I do my best to ignore them.

I was banned one time on IC discussing trans issues. I am a social moderate or left of center. I really do not have any issues with trans people and feel they should not be persecuted. I draw the line, however, at trans women competing in women's sports.

The post I got banned over, I deserved the ban. I will also add that people that brought facts and medical information on trans individuals taught me a lot. I had no facts on the subject. I still struggle with allowing procedures prior to adulthood or later teen years, but, I understand a lot better after being taught some very important facts and reality. That is why I enjoy political discussion with opposing views. It gives me the opportunity to consider new things, or even feel even more strongly about my own views when I hear weak arguments from the other side.

I do not like anyone that holds views out of hate for others.

Just my 2 cents.
Incredibly well said, and I couldn't agree more. I think the analogy about going to a rival's sports board is completely spot-on. I have never understand the whining and crying that so many conservative posters do about how the board is such a hostile place to them and how the liberals are so mean to them and how they are just so silenced and oppressed. To my knowledge, nobody has ever held a gun to their heads and forced them to read or post on the ZZLP. It's entirely their choice to do so. It would be like me going over to PackPride with 'UNC' in my username and start running my mouth with blatant anti-State posting about how they're a bunch of inbreds. I would be an idiot to not expect hostility and blowback. But if I went to PackPride and tried to have reasonable discussion and debate with them about X's and O's, recruiting, game strategy, etc., and they still treated me with hostility, then I would simply choose to not read or post on PackPride since, you know, I am a grown adult with full agency!

Not one single conservative poster has ever been treated with hostility on the ZZLP for wanting to debate or discuss the finer points and merits of classical conservative philosophy. Not one single one, not ever. Nobody has ever treated any conservative poster poorly because they wanted to debate low taxes, or the flat tax, or border security, or government spending, or social safety net programs, or foreign policy, or the wisdom of spending more on defense than the next ~20 or so countries combined.

But that's not what most of these conservative posters want to be able to do. They want to be able to come and peddle conspiracy theories, or talk about how Kamala Harris is a hoe, or how liberals want to be able to abort newborn babies, or how liberals are pedophile groomers, or how liberals want communism, etc. That's what they want to be able to do- let's all be very, very clear about that. They want to be able to sling shit and not have shit slung back at them. That ain't gonna happen here. There are far too many ultra-intelligent people in this community who aren't going to let that crap fly without replying in kind.

If you go read what's left of the ZZLP on IC, and even the main ZZL, right this moment you can see a bunch of conservative posters STILL whining and crying about the big mean liberals, even though the ZZLP is in its death throes. NOW they're mad that the majority of ZZLP posters have come over here to start a new community independent of IC. Something that I've learned over the last week or two is that I had absolutely, positively NO idea how many conservative/Trumper posters obsessively read the ZZLP without ever posting. That shocked me a bit. But it's really funny to think about those folks on the outside looking in, silently fuming about what was being posted on the ZZLP. I had no idea how many stunted grown ass adults still view the whole through the lenses of high school pettiness.

Anyway, as a former diehard conservative whose own views have been significantly moderated and even liberalized by the batshit insanity that has become the MAGA-fied conservative/Republican movement in America, I completely agree with what Krafty said above. This community openly welcomes diversity of thought, ideology, and viewpoint, and it will be made even better in the coming weeks, months, and years if more people from both sides of the ideological spectrum post up in here.

Back