Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Played for the Blue Devils. Played with Brady. It’s possible I could hate him more if he killed puppies on the side……..I kid….I kid…..it’s playing with Brady that bothers me the most.
Ross was on the Bucs first. He played for the Steelers the most if I recall. Really good dude.

Anna Cockrell is his sister. Got silver behind Sydney....because everyone is behind Sydney

The Cockrells lived in Charlotte. Ross went to Charlotte Latin, Anna went to Providence Day then USC. They have another sister who played volleyball at Davidson.

The Cockrells lived in Charlotte. Ross went to Charlotte Latin, Anna went to Providence Day then USC. They have another sister who played volleyball at Davidson.
Do they have enough of anything to remove the d00kie?

Yeah I honestly dont remember an Olympics more exciting and fun to watch across the board. Maybe Atlanta? But others had moments...this is like every event has had something memorable. From a big dong to big comebacks...Paris has had it all.
I agree this year has been fantastic. I think being able to stream every single event and watch on demand has been part of it for me. I have YouTubeTV and have it set to record everything and watch at my leisure.

Beijing in 2008 was pretty great with memorable moments (Phelps, Usain Bolt debut), but I don’t remember it being this good across the board.

I agree this year has been fantastic. I think being able to stream every single event and watch on demand has been part of it for me. I have YouTubeTV and have it set to record everything and watch at my leisure.

Beijing in 2008 was pretty great with memorable moments (Phelps, Usain Bolt debut), but I don’t remember it being this good across the board.
Peacock coverage is tremendous. Getting to pick the event of your choice in its entirety instead of NBC feeding you whatever they think is best is awesome.

The men’s field hockey game between the Netherlands and Germany today was crazy intense. Came down to penalty shots and that was insanely physical. Then the Dutch win and a Dutch player gets in the face of the despondent German goalie and a fight nearly broke out. Seems like some lingering bad blood between the two teams … or maybe the Dutch are just raging assholes who can’t win with grace.

But very intense and exciting ending. The Dutch women lost whatever you call penalty shots in water polo to Spain today, too, so an intense day for Dutch fans.

The final days of the Olympics are so great. All the team sports coming through the knockout rounds are so fun to follow.

Volleyball
Handball
Water Polo
Basketball
Field Hockey

Then of course all the track and field finals, boxing tournament and I weirdly really enjoy watching the weightlifting competitions as well.

I've gotten really into the indoor volleyball tournaments this year. NBC spent years pushing beach volleyball but the regular team volleyball is just awesome.

Carlos Yulo won two Olympic gold medals for the Philippines. As it turned out, that was just the beginning of the gymnast’s epic prize haul.

At home, he will get a congressional medal and at least $350,000 from the government. Plus, a free set of headlights and fog lights. Also, free wedding photography, haircuts and furniture. And more food than he could eat in an entire lifetime. One local real-estate developer awarded him a fully furnished, three-bedroom apartment in Manila. Not to be outdone, another real-estate company offered him a house.

“I am happy that I won a gold medal,” Yulo said, “and also a house.” …”

Cont’d

“…
Most countries offer cash rewards to their medaling athletes. Hong Kong is one of the most generous, paying around $768,000 for a gold medal via a funding scheme. U.S. prizes are much more modest. Payments via what the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee calls “Operation Gold” range from $37,500 for a gold medal and $22,500 for silver to $15,000 for bronze, including for team events.

Still, that’s more than the U.K. and Sweden offer to their winners: nothing but pride.

The Kazakhstan government, on the other hand, measures medals in rooms. A gold winner gets a three-bedroom apartment, silver means a two-bedroom and a bronze medalist settles for a one-bedroom.

Yeldos Smetov, who won judo gold for Kazakhstan here, also received a herd of 100 thoroughbred horses, a Lexus and the guarantee of a smooth ride no matter his method of transportation: The local administration laid new asphalt on the road to his house.

In South Korea, Olympic medalists are exempted from compulsory military service. In Poland, winners get an investment grade diamond and a painting by “respected and talented Polish artists.”

Ahead of the Games, Olympics sponsor Samsungdistributed a special edition of its new foldable smartphone, the Galaxy Z Flip 6, to the roughly 17,000 athletes and Olympic officials in Paris. The custom-built phone, which bears the Olympic symbols, came preloaded with mobile data and an unlimited public transport access card.

But a few days into the Games, some of those phones started showing up for resale on eBay.

In one ad, an Olympic edition Flip6–“Sealed In Box”—was offered for $2,600. The retail price tag of the phone in the U.S. is $1,099. It came with a booklet addressed to the Olympic and Paralympic athletes. …”

Carlos Yulo won two Olympic gold medals for the Philippines. As it turned out, that was just the beginning of the gymnast’s epic prize haul.

At home, he will get a congressional medal and at least $350,000 from the government. Plus, a free set of headlights and fog lights. Also, free wedding photography, haircuts and furniture. And more food than he could eat in an entire lifetime. One local real-estate developer awarded him a fully furnished, three-bedroom apartment in Manila. Not to be outdone, another real-estate company offered him a house.

“I am happy that I won a gold medal,” Yulo said, “and also a house.” …”

was that 350,000 pesos? That's like 7,000 USD

NBC/Peacock's coverage has been great. My husband and I are fortunate to work from home most days, so we've been able to see all of the big events live in the afternoon. Then at night, I click around Peacock to find some obscure event replay to watch (kayak cross!).

For all those who have been waiting, Breaking starts today! lol

Back