Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
How do you miss uncontested layups?
25 years ago I went to a Hornets game vs. the Sacramento Kings. At the time, the Kings had a rookie named Jason “White Chocolate” Williams, who was getting a lot of hype. A lot of people came to the game to see him.

On multiple occasions he had opportunities to make uncontested layups, but instead of going straight up for a simple layup, he would do some sort of showy move as he took the layup, and he kept missing them thanks to his need to show off. It was hilarious as all his fanboys in the crowd would go, “ooooh!” as he made his little showy move, then he would miss the layup.

25 years ago I went to a Hornets game vs. the Sacramento Kings. At the time, the Kings had a rookie named Jason “White Chocolate” Williams, who was getting a lot of hype. A lot of people came to the game to see him.

On multiple occasions he had opportunities to make uncontested layups, but instead of going straight up for a simple layup, he would do some sort of showy move as he took the layup, and he kept missing them thanks to his need to show off. It was hilarious as all his fanboys in the crowd would go, “ooooh!” as he made his little showy move, then he would miss the layup.
I remember White Chocolate

This was the first time I've ever really watched women's basketball and it's pretty safe to say I will not be tuning in any time soon. There are a lot of women's sports I enjoy (tennis, soccer, softball, etc.) but holy hell the difference in the level of play between this and men's basketball is enormous.

Are the overseas leagues that good? France has 0 WNBA players on the team
Honestly I have no idea. But to me it was just one game (not a matter of # of WNBA players on the floor). And as a former player and coach, you're always humble in victory and gracious in defeat - and you always, always tip your cap to the other team...

This was the first time I've ever really watched women's basketball and it's pretty safe to say I will not be tuning in any time soon. There are a lot of women's sports I enjoy (tennis, soccer, softball, etc.) but holy hell the difference in the level of play between this and men's basketball is enormous.
Oh it is a totally different game

Are the overseas leagues that good? France has 0 WNBA players on the team
Pro players make more in Europe playing women’s basketball than the USA (at least until the new WNBA contract kicks in next more). Not playing in the WNBA doesn’t mean the same thing on the world stage as not playing in the NBA.

Back