Summer Olympics

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 758
  • Views: 10K
Oh wow, Tom Cruise just ascended down upon the Closing Ceremony stage from high above. He took the Olympic Flag and put it on back of his Maverick Cycle, before speeding away. Went to a plane and free falled before chuting down upon the hills of Hollywood to deliver the flag, where Red Hot Chili Peppers are waiting beachside to jam.

All in a matter of minutes. There is nothing Mr. Cruise can not do.
Turned the HOLLYWOOD sign into the Olympic rings

25 years ago I went to a Hornets game vs. the Sacramento Kings. At the time, the Kings had a rookie named Jason “White Chocolate” Williams, who was getting a lot of hype. A lot of people came to the game to see him.

On multiple occasions he had opportunities to make uncontested layups, but instead of going straight up for a simple layup, he would do some sort of showy move as he took the layup, and he kept missing them thanks to his need to show off. It was hilarious as all his fanboys in the crowd would go, “ooooh!” as he made his little showy move, then he would miss the layup.
He was a high school teammate of Randy Moss.

There use to be a dual track and field meet between the USA and the USSR in the even numbered years between Olympics. Our men would usually win their part, but the women would get crushed. In large part because of Title IX, that would not happen today.

There use to be a dual track and field meet between the USA and the USSR in the even numbered years between Olympics. Our men would usually win their part, but the women would get crushed. In large part because of Title IX, that would not happen today.

In large part to doping to be fair

2028 Olympics will be flipping the Swimming and Track&Field schedules. Track will take place week one, swimming in week two. I don’t love that.
Me either. Track is simply more dramatic than swimming, and it probably is what most people remember when they think of the Olympics. I might put gymnastics over swimming as well

Back