UNC Football Catch-All Thread | Week 4 - James Madison @ UNC (Noon ACCN)

• Thread starter Thread starter Croatoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 665
  • Views: 8K
  • UNC Sports 
Yep. ACC Network
It doesn't appear that DirecTV has settled its dispute with Disney so no ACC Network. I'll need to find a friend with Comcast to watch the game.
I've been loyal to DirecTV but if I can't watch the ESPN family this fall I may need to ditch them.

It doesn't appear that DirecTV has settled its dispute with Disney so no ACC Network. I'll need to find a friend with Comcast to watch the game.
I've been loyal to DirecTV but if I can't watch the ESPN family this fall I may need to ditch them.
Last year when Spectrum was going through this same issue at the same time (opening weeks of football season) I signed up for the YouTube TV free trial period. The dispute was settled before the trial period was over so I cancelled the YouTube and went back to my usual setup without missing any games.

My big drawback with YOuTube was lack of Bally sports for Hornets/Braves/Canes games.
I'm YTTV but pay for Bally. Unfortunately the Bally app sucks. I"ve been hoping they would just go under and the Canes partner or do their own stream.

I thought Bally had filed for bankruptcy
Oh they have. The whole Sinclair fiasco. And they've dropped coverage in several markets. But they are still holding on to a few. Just because you're in bankruptcy court doesn't mean you have to cease operations.

I believe the Hornets are looking into making a change. When they released their schedule they said broadcast information was forthcoming. Now this....

"According to a report from the New York Post, Amazon is in "late-stage" talks for a contract to livestream Bally Sports broadcasts of all Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the San Antonio Spurs that are not nationally televised. Details have not been finalized as the deal is still pending approval, but fans will be able to access their team's games on Amazon Prime for roughly $20 per month. According to BallySports' official website, they will continue to broadcast games with existing cable, satellite and virtual streaming distribution partners."

It's still Bally's production but at least the platform would be stable rather than Bally's awful app.

I believe the Hornets are looking into making a change. When they released their schedule they said broadcast information was forthcoming. Now this....

"According to a report from the New York Post, Amazon is in "late-stage" talks for a contract to livestream Bally Sports broadcasts of all Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the San Antonio Spurs that are not nationally televised. Details have not been finalized as the deal is still pending approval, but fans will be able to access their team's games on Amazon Prime for roughly $20 per month. According to BallySports' official website, they will continue to broadcast games with existing cable, satellite and virtual streaming distribution partners."

It's still Bally's production but at least the platform would be stable rather than Bally's awful app.
So they are back in it. They were in these discusdions a few months ago and then ended them. Hope it actually comes to fruition.

Well, after rereading it doesn't strike me as anything definitive.

Chatter has circulated for months about a deal between Amazon and Diamond Sports, the bankrupt company that owns the Ballys brand, the nation’s largest regional sports network.

Last month, Amazon reportedly pulled out of an agreement to invest $115 million in Diamond, leaving it unclear whether Amazon was ending all talks.

I turn 49 today. And I live in Charlotte, where I was also born and raised. It’s kind of weird we’re playing the Charlotte 49ers today. I feel a bit torn.

Have never really gotten behind the Hornets that much. Other than the LJ years they pretty much sucked. And on top of it, they rolled out Kelly friggin Tri-puke-ah as their cover boy to start with. Perhaps the whiniest non-d00kie to ever play.

Back