What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
Bo - or at least someone using "ItsBoTime" - has registered here. OCS89 was making spoof accounts of legit posters on the ZZLP as of the last several days, so not sure if it's really him or OCS.

I miss the old school trolls (pre-Trump) too:
IAmBuckwheat (aka "IAmBaitwheat")
Trackstyle
MotelInn
DeacCity
Ssssteve
upheels
TVTray
StagecoachDriver
NegativeZero

Randman and Falconjet aren't really trolls as much as they are conspiracy theory type folks. Falconjet seems more reasonable recently though.

I want to say Bo's initial claim to fame was him posting about some troubles he was having with a girl he was dating, and that he cried during sex with her. After that, it was him JCDing any kind of questionable incident involving a law enforcement officer, no matter how heinous his offense. I don't remember why he was eventually banned, but he's come back with multiple handles since then.

I'm old now, and my memory isn't nearly what it once was.

Whoever made that account isn't Bo. I'm Bo. I was in a bad place during my early ZZL days and was facing a significant alcohol problem mixed with crippling anxiety. The ZZL was my only escape and when I posted I was fishing for either any reaction because I was depressed and lonely or an argument because a good back and forth would distract me from my real life. Turns out that getting shithoused and arguing with strangers on the internet isn't really a great coping mechanism.

Thankfully, I got my shit together after I hit rock bottom. Tried to come back simply for sports and political discussions (my politics changed once I got my life together) but that place was on lockdown. Anyone who even sounded like they had a one percent chance of being me was destroyed. I had to laugh at the number of times I saw posters accused of being Bo that weren't. And then I'd try to slide in under the radar using an alias and would be shot down immediately. At the same time I was like "damn, was I really that bad?" Turns out I was. Sorry, guys. And I really mean that.

Did you post as farce there? I was a goheels regular. To my recollection, it was unmoderated. Don't recall a poster called farce there. I remember a number of handles. There were two board dookies - IamSean (a UNC grad) and Scorp4Me. I was GeeWhy. There was Ziggy (zigzag), Jokers, Helicopter, and I believe TarheelGirl (IIRC, Stephanie. Have no idea if she was the infamous one.) For some reason others aren't coming to mind.

Anyway, when it ended a group of us split off onto an EZBoard that I believe Stephanie set up called TarheelLand. It was even smaller than GoHeels, but we kept it up maybe a year or more. Also, I remember there was a move to UNCBasketBall.com and another board whose name I can't recall. It was run by Zeke Martins. Now that guy was a trip. He loved to give out his cellphone number and he would do podcasts with potential recruits before podcasting was a thing. I'm sure that had to be against NCAA rules.

Regardless, fellow GoHeels poster - GeeWhy.
I was not farce on GoHeels. I was new to message boards when I joined GoHeels and my username was very close to my actual name IRL (so I won't post it here!) I eventually realized that probably wasn't a good idea so when I signed up for IC I tried to register several names that were rejected for various silly reasons so I became frustrated and considered their whole process a farce, so that became my username. (Initially IC rejected the username farce, but it was accepted when I added a random number, which is how I became farce88 over there.) It was a statement about by impression of IC management before I ever posted there!

As for other GoHeels posters, I remember unctarheel1984 who is still a ZZL poster. I think I recall your username and I also remember zigzag (and his avatar). I also remember self-proclaimed pundit and sage Bob Lee Swagger posting there. That was my first encounter with that guy.

That's funny, I have the same feeling about Linda's and "brighter"

Anyway, wish I'd have stayed and hung out a bit with you all. Everyone I've ever met through the message boards speaks very highly of you...I'm very glad you're here posting on this new forum.

BTW, did ziggy ever have an alias "Wovoko"? If so, the worst argument I ever got into was with him...I got banned twice for it. I don't even remember what it was about. I do remember that a whole lot of my frustration was over how incredibly damned smart he was.
No Ziggy Stardust alias that I know of...but he is a very smart guy. Don't get into a Jeopardy contest with him for sure.

Whoever made that account isn't Bo. I'm Bo. I was in a bad place during my early ZZL days and was facing a significant alcohol problem mixed with crippling anxiety. The ZZL was my only escape and when I posted I was fishing for either any reaction because I was depressed and lonely or an argument because a good back and forth would distract me from my real life. Turns out that getting shithoused and arguing with strangers on the internet isn't really a great coping mechanism.

Thankfully, I got my shit together after I hit rock bottom. Tried to come back simply for sports and political discussions (my politics changed once I got my life together) but that place was on lockdown. Anyone who even sounded like they had a one percent chance of being me was destroyed. I had to laugh at the number of times I saw posters accused of being Bo that weren't. And then I'd try to slide in under the radar using an alias and would be shot down immediately. At the same time I was like "damn, was I really that bad?" Turns out I was. Sorry, guys. And I really mean that.
is-this-real-life-shock.gif

That was a long time ago. For all of us. I'm also trying to turn a new leaf here (but I'm also going out w/a bang on the ZZLP).

And if it's really you, then water under the bridge, as it were, and glad to hear things are going better for you.

I was not farce on GoHeels. I was new to message boards when I joined GoHeels and my username was very close to my actual name IRL (so I won't post it here!) I eventually realized that probably wasn't a good idea so when I signed up for IC I tried to register several names that were rejected for various silly reasons so I became frustrated and considered their whole process a farce, so that became my username. (Initially IC rejected the username farce, but it was accepted when I added a random number, which is how I became farce88 over there.) It was a statement about by impression of IC management before I ever posted there!

As for other GoHeels posters, I remember unctarheel1984 who is still a ZZL poster. I think I recall your username and I also remember zigzag (and his avatar). I also remember self-proclaimed pundit and sage Bob Lee Swagger posting there. That was my first encounter with that guy.
Wait…, so are you Kevin Strickland?? 😂 Jk,jk. IIRC, he was one of the few board dookies who actually provided a benefit. B

Was he also the one who lived in a real haunted house in the northeast? Or was that someone else?

Wait…, so are you Kevin Strickland?? 😂 Jk,jk. IIRC, he was one of the few board dookies who actually provided a benefit. B

Was he also the one who lived in a real haunted house in the northeast? Or was that someone else?
Pep lived in a haunted house.

KS also almost died from liver cirrhosis but a transplant and sobriety hasn't stopped him from being a total POS so he has going for him

Bo, or 2MBC if you now prefer, I'm genuinely glad you're here. Any any policy disagreements then or even now, aside, I'm genuinely glad you're in a better place. None of us are prefect, and we can all work on ourselves, (including and/or especially me), so Cheers to you, buddy!

Found the zzl in the mid to late 2000’s and that’s what I still consider it’s “golden age”. I’ve had occasional flurries of poasting over the years but, for the most part, I tend to lurk. I think the first personalities that I remember were Sandi and Manhattan but reading through this thread brings back a flood of memories of threads and characters from the past 15 or so years. Good stuff. My only brush with zzl notoriety was my “you should go to the glove compartment immediately” poast that I still see brought up on the board every now and then.

Just want to give a hat tip to some of y’all, especially the longer-term poasters. Not gonna lie, I disagree with most of you on just about every major political issue but have been able to find some common ground at different points. That doesn’t matter to me as much as the countless hours of entertainment y’all have helped to create though. So thanks.

My hope is that this board is a return to the “golden age” that I mentioned earlier. Personally, I like learning about others’ opinions and how they got to them. And some of the occasional comic brilliance produced, either intentionally or not, is Grade A, top-notch. The best of the zzl was always like sifting through thousands of poasts of shit to get to the gold. Hoping this board brings a lot more gold than the zzlp ever did.

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Found the zzl in the mid to late 2000’s and that’s what I still consider it’s “golden age”. I’ve had occasional flurries of poasting over the years but, for the most part, I tend to lurk. I think the first personalities that I remember were Sandi and Manhattan but reading through this thread brings back a flood of memories of threads and characters from the past 15 or so years. Good stuff. My only brush with zzl notoriety was my “you should go to the glove compartment immediately” poast that I still see brought up on the board every now and then.

Just want to give a hat tip to some of y’all, especially the longer-term poasters. Not gonna lie, I disagree with most of you on just about every major political issue but have been able to find some common ground at different points. That doesn’t matter to me as much as the countless hours of entertainment y’all have helped to create though. So thanks.

My hope is that this board is a return to the “golden age” that I mentioned earlier. Personally, I like learning about others’ opinions and how they got to them. And some of the occasional comic brilliance produced, either intentionally or not, is Grade A, top-notch. The best of the zzl was always like sifting through thousands of poasts of shit to get to the gold. Hoping this board brings a lot more gold than the zzlp ever did.

Cool!
Honesty is the best policy.
Poseurs are the worst.
Welcome!

Last edited:
also, pretty sure @NYCBlueBlood is on divorce 2367 now
Oddly enough, it was my first divorce that got me started in all this. In the aftermath I was looking for a new hobby, and stumbled across goheels.com. I was still only lurking when it was closed and we were redirected to IC. So I came to the free bball board as a lurker. I spent all my time there for a couple years... then I slowly started checking out what is this weird other world that people kept referring to when they told people to "Take that ish to the ZZL." Or conversely, every once in a while a thread would get kicked over from the ZZL to bball free board, and there were all these posters going back and forth I'd never heard of before.

Oddly enough, it was my first divorce that got me started in all this. In the aftermath I was looking for a new hobby, and stumbled across goheels.com. I was still only lurking when it was closed and we were redirected to IC. So I came to the free bball board as a lurker. I spent all my time there for a couple years... then I slowly started checking out what is this weird other world that people kept referring to when they told people to "Take that ish to the ZZL." Or conversely, every once in a while a thread would get kicked over from the ZZL to bball free board, and there were all these posters going back and forth I'd never heard of before.
I was going to post that, other than the divorce, this was my story too (goheels.com lurker and moved to IC when it was closed down)... But then I remembered that I did get divorced right around that time too! Long time ago, young, no kids, sometime I forget that my first marriage even happened.

Bo, or 2MBC if you now prefer, I'm genuinely glad you're here. Any any policy disagreements then or even now, aside, I'm genuinely glad you're in a better place. None of us are prefect, and we can all work on ourselves, (including and/or especially me), so Cheers to you, buddy!
Thank you. You can call me whatever you wish, but I'd prefer to go by my new username as there's so much terrible stuff associated with Bo that I rightfully brought on myself. I really wrestled with making that post because my intent was for Bo to be dead and gone, but when someone registered that name I figured it was best just to come out and try to nip that in the bud.

If we ever have a ZZLP meet up I could explain everything that happened in person so as to not clog the board with my personal BS, but it was a hell of a ride. I appreciate the kind words from you and others, though.

I was going to post that, other than the divorce, this was my story too (goheels.com lurker and moved to IC when it was closed down)... But then I remembered that I did get divorced right around that time too! Long time ago, young, no kids, sometime I forget that my first marriage even happened.
As long as some iteration of these boards still exist, I don't think I'll ever forget any of my divorces... :ROFLMAO:

Back