What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
CF, Tully, TurdFerguson et al... is immortalized in a song written by Dean Keaton
The last I saw of him a few days ago, “Tully” was trying to recruit ZZL-P posters who were wondering where to go over to HeelTalk.

The last I saw of him a few days ago, “Tully” was trying to recruit ZZL-P posters who were wondering where to go over to HeelTalk.
he's had a few recruiting posts but I'm pretty sure no one has logged on that wasn't already a member

Wait, no mention of Vster yet?
I’m disappointed.

I always remember Manhattan has having it in for dookies more so than Peckers, but I guess she’d give the what for to anybody bold enough to come on our board with any sort of trash talk. Miss her.

I generally only ban someone who was clearly trying to cause trouble. I will talk to Ben for you. I just looked and it doesn't show a ban on your account, it's maxcrowder over ob 247 right, no other changes on the spelling?
thanks, but it doesn't matter. I was a mod on The Den at the time so i just assumed it was a dick measuring contest. I was in his territory and NASA had that reputation. I just got to close to the fire.

Who was the guy that posted all the archaeology threads on zzl? I loved those posts. Something happened to him or he was run off, I can’t remember. I think I remember some bit of controversy.

Yeah. Itza was a very bright guy, and yes, he posted a lot of articles regarding archeology, ancient civilizations, and mostly religion and its origins. Most of his other posts on other subjects were pretty much the RSS feed from mentalfloss.com. I inferred from other Ziz discussions that he was fairly jovial and fun on the basketball boards as well.

That changed, however, when the scandals about abuse in the Catholic Church broke, and he basically JCD'd certain aspects of it. I recall one post he made in particular which was quite astonishing, with him saying something to the effect of "was it really that bad." But rightly or wrongly, he never lived that down and his presence diminished significantly after that point.

Those who may recall that incident - please correct me if I am mistaken. That was quite a while back, and I don't want to unintentionally "smear" him.

NASAHeel? I lurked on ZZL 15 or so years ago and posted a few times, then i got bold and tried the basketball board. NASA saw me and i was gone never to post again. That dude would ban Duke guys on The Den who never posted on IC or visited. lol, got to love the dedication to his craft.
Hahaha forgot about NASAHeel

donbosco!
I've got a bunch of pics taken at a ACCBoards party. Db, GA2Maine, Boone the Airedale and a bunch of the wuffie folk. I've thought about posting them but didn't want to be accused of doxing.

Simpler times then
on the net..
I almost attended one at the basement at Linda’s but got down there and saw you guys at a table and my husband balked at joining. Ah, well.

Anonymous Boards are interesting . There are folks here that grew up in CH or that worked at the University ,that I am sure I would know if I saw them There is a poster that I think is a guy I knew very well that moved far away There is another that I think still lives around the Triangle and I used to pal around with him . Lots of you know who each other are in "real life"--I don't-I have never tried Its kind of mysterious
Along those lines-the most fasinating part is I don't know the Gender of some of the most interesting and prolific posters . I mean they may say occasionally my "wife" or husband"-but there no certain conclusions to draw from such a statement. Personally I have great respect for folks that post "gender neutral" and stick with discussions

Last edited:
It’s been funny over the years to watch the newer posters get suckered in by ANY post by Sarcastro.

Also, like many of you here, UNCBasketball.com was my original haunt, and I came over here with the merger. Back in those days, I was primarily 99% focused on UNC basketball. Something happened, I can’t really explain it, but I went and visited the UNC Football board, and it eventually led to that being my primary sport of focus and me having season football tix now since way back to the bunting days.

I remember a poster on that board who almost never came over to the ZZL , but he was like the KIK of the football board. He name was Buffalo Chipster.

Yeah. Itza was a very bright guy, and yes, he posted a lot of articles regarding archeology, ancient civilizations, and mostly religion and its origins. Most of his other posts on other subjects were pretty much the RSS feed from mentalfloss.com. I inferred from other Ziz discussions that he was fairly jovial and fun on the basketball boards as well.

That changed, however, when the scandals about abuse in the Catholic Church broke, and he basically JCD'd certain aspects of it. I recall one post he made in particular which was quite astonishing, with him saying something to the effect of "was it really that bad." But rightly or wrongly, he never lived that down and his presence diminished significantly after that point.

Those who may recall that incident - please correct me if I am mistaken. That was quite a while back, and I don't want to unintentionally "smear" him.
That sounds right and reminds me about the sometimes unforgiving side of the board. If certain posters had it in for you, they were pretty ruthless in trying to run you out.

they're over on HT
Someone should see if they have any interest in posting over here. One of my fondest memories of the old ZZL was winding Sandy up by telling him Avatar was just a worse remake of Dances With Wolves (which was pretty bad to begin with).

Man, tons of good old names on this thread.

Would love to see finesse start posting here, and Luvy, and ktc4unc, and pep, and San Diego heel...and heels68...oldnewguy, geez there's a name I hadnt heard in forever

One of my favorite zzl moments was the hurricane Katrina thread...that was just epic on every level
Luvy and pep were both really good posters as I recall, they nearly always posted some quality stuff.

Back