What's the history behind the Zigga Zoomba Lounge?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 314
  • Views: 5K
  • Off-Topic 
I always enjoyed LuridHam and Sandinista.
They both post on HeelTalk all the time. I frequently read that board but have never posted there. They have an active community but it's a good deal smaller than the ZZLP. I like many of the posters there, but there's a certain snarky tone on many threads that other message boards usually lack, which I suspect is due to it being a smaller community where everybody has known each other for a long time.

Last edited:
They both post on HeelTalk all the time. I frequently read that board but have never posted there. They have an active community but it's a good deal smaller than the ZZLP. I like many of the posters there, but there's a certain snarky tone on many threads that other message boards usually lack, which I suspect is due to it being a smaller community where everybody has known each other for a long time.
Yeah, there's kind of a bro type thing amongst them. I joined way back. Never posted much. After a long absence I posted something and was replied with a bunch of "who the f**k is this guy.

he asked us to ban him from IC. years and years and years ago 🤷‍♂️
This has happened several times on Phog.net. I have some experience with alcoholism amongst those in my life so I get addictions and how they work but it's pretty wild that even Internet forums can bring people to such drastic actions.

I always enjoyed LuridHam and Sandinista.

Funny Pig GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dinosaur Pathologies GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thanks DB...I had lots of interactions with Itza back then, and really liked and respected him. It was great for me to read his obit and sort of put a life to the online persona. I appreciate you sending the link.

BTW, I have a fuzzy memory of meeting you with Luvy and I think maybe kt4unc at some place on Franklin Street sometime around 2006 or so...did you ever hang out with her somewhere around there, or am I imagining all that in my mind? There were a couple of other people there, too...can't remember who.

Thanks DB...I had lots of interactions with Itza back then, and really liked and respected him. It was great for me to read his obit and sort of put a life to the online persona. I appreciate you sending the link.

BTW, I have a fuzzy memory of meeting you with Luvy and I think maybe kt4unc at some place on Franklin Street sometime around 2006 or so...did you ever hang out with her somewhere around there, or am I imagining all that in my mind? There were a couple of other people there, too...can't remember who.

Luvy and ktc - I think @altmin and maybe even Bort/Gern may have been there but I can’t recollect the place.

Luvy and ktc - I think @altmin and maybe even Bort/Gern may have been there but I can’t recollect the place.

Yea, that could be. I don't remember the place either...& I didn't stay (I think Luvy did though).

Could there have been a poster there named ziggystardust too? I seem to remember that name

Yea, that could be. I don't remember the place either...& I didn't stay (I think Luvy did though).

Could there have been a poster there named ziggystardust too? I seem to remember that name

Definitely - Ziggy is an old friend of mine - and Escatonia or something like that was there too. Maybe the place was ‘Linda’s’ but it seems like it was “brighter” inside that that - maybe we were upstairs.

Definitely - Ziggy is an old friend of mine - and Escatonia or something like that was there too. Maybe the place was ‘Linda’s’ but it seems like it was “brighter” inside that that - maybe we were upstairs.

That's funny, I have the same feeling about Linda's and "brighter"

Anyway, wish I'd have stayed and hung out a bit with you all. Everyone I've ever met through the message boards speaks very highly of you...I'm very glad you're here posting on this new forum.

BTW, did ziggy ever have an alias "Wovoko"? If so, the worst argument I ever got into was with him...I got banned twice for it. I don't even remember what it was about. I do remember that a whole lot of my frustration was over how incredibly damned smart he was.

I started posting on the old goheels board. It was the 8-20 season (2001-02) and I was living in Los Angeles and looking for other fans with whom I could commiserate. We talked about basketball (or given the circumstances, avoided talking about basketball) but that group also starting talking about other interests; TV shows, movies, what kind of car you drove, a little politics, anything. Ultimately, there were far fewer threads about Tar Heel sports than those “off-topic” subjects.

Something happened and the board had to shut down. As I recall it had something to do with the domain name or URL or the trademark of “goheels” or something like that. The group was trying to figure out what to do (not unlike the current situation with the ZZL-P) and several people brought up the ZZL, an off-topic board on an UNC sports site, but others warned that board was a bunch of opinionated jerks who were not welcoming to new people disrupting their clique.

Did you post as farce there? I was a goheels regular. To my recollection, it was unmoderated. Don't recall a poster called farce there. I remember a number of handles. There were two board dookies - IamSean (a UNC grad) and Scorp4Me. I was GeeWhy. There was Ziggy (zigzag), Jokers, Helicopter, and I believe TarheelGirl (IIRC, Stephanie. Have no idea if she was the infamous one.) For some reason others aren't coming to mind.

Anyway, when it ended a group of us split off onto an EZBoard that I believe Stephanie set up called TarheelLand. It was even smaller than GoHeels, but we kept it up maybe a year or more. Also, I remember there was a move to UNCBasketBall.com and another board whose name I can't recall. It was run by Zeke Martins. Now that guy was a trip. He loved to give out his cellphone number and he would do podcasts with potential recruits before podcasting was a thing. I'm sure that had to be against NCAA rules.

Regardless, fellow GoHeels poster - GeeWhy.

Back