Rashad McCants

no, he wasn't there. guy in the bucket hat is Marvin.

i cannot believe that anyone thinks it would be appropriate for him to be there - what he did goes well beyond people being "sensitive" about him saying a hell of a lot more than "some stuff."

he continues to run his mouth about Roy/UNC to this day.

unless/until there's a huge, partly public mea culpa from him to Roy and the rest of the staff / his teammates, dude should never be welcomed on campus again.

1725845147703.jpeg

"Born 2 Be Hated - Dying 2 Be Loved <>"​

Let’s not pretend that anyone here actually cares about the players. All that matters is if they are good at sports.
Never-ending. You aren't worth the effort. Carry on with whatever cynical nonsense you'd like to believe.

Last edited:
What sort of Carolina fan takes the handle “ haroldminor”? Former SoCal player?

I know we have some dookies on this new board… but now we have a baby Jordan fan here?

Look, babyMJ… McCants is sick in the head and he needs help. Therapy and meds controlled by a doctor. Most, if not all Carolina fans “care” about him because of what he did as a player on the court in 2005, and because he’s a fellow human being. Now, does that mean we “care” about what he’s said and done in the media since those days? No. Not at all. His words and deeds have been a little less than desirable and he’s pissed off a lot of people who wish he would shut his pie hole and ride on off. Those two things do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Your take in this discussion is a little less than desirable as well.

So more like caring zero.
Sure, if you say so. I'd like to think the individuals I've helped and the hundreds of families that I keep in touch with feel differently. There's also the kid from Grapevine Texas on a cross country scholarship to Carolina for the 3rd year in a row who proclaims to feel differently when I see him.

Let’s not pretend that anyone here actually cares about the players. All that matters is if they are good at sports.
this is telling.

those of us who actually attended UNC (or some other school) and got to know and like various athletes via classes and social activities most definitely did/do care about them.

they're regular people deserving of respect and care just like anyone else.

you guys loves players when they bring you championships but hate them when they are “mentally ill” and don’t spout the company line.
Look, I get that to some people (mostly rival fans) the whole "Carolina Way" stuff can be a bit irritating and maybe even comes across as smarmy or manufactured. I don't believe that and I don't think most Carolina fans believe that, but I get how some people (again, mostly rival fans) could see it that way. And maybe you are a rival fan, b/c I can't see any Carolina fan who understands and appreciates the way that most current and former players comport themselves towards their teammates and coaches and toward their whole Carolina experience in general and then reducing all of that to "spouting the company line." But even if you do see it that way, I'd still say it a pretty good company and a pretty good line...

What sort of Carolina fan takes the handle “ haroldminor”? Former SoCal player?

I know we have some dookies on this new board… but now we have a baby Jordan fan here?

Look, babyMJ… McCants is sick in the head and he needs help. Therapy and meds controlled by a doctor. Most, if not all Carolina fans “care” about him because of what he did as a player on the court in 2005, and because he’s a fellow human being. Now, does that mean we “care” about what he’s said and done in the media since those days? No. Not at all. His words and deeds have been a little less than desirable and he’s pissed off a lot of people who wish he would shut his pie hole and ride on off. Those two things do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Your take in this discussion is a little less than desirable as well.
How cute. A Walmart fan trying to tell me what’s up. I don’t bash players when they longer are useful to me.

Last edited:
Look, I get that to some people (mostly rival fans) the whole "Carolina Way" stuff can be a bit irritating and maybe even comes across as smarmy or manufactured. I don't believe that and I don't think most Carolina fans believe that, but I get how some people (again, mostly rival fans) could see it that way. And maybe you are a rival fan, b/c I can't see any Carolina fan who understands and appreciates the way that most current and former players comport themselves towards their teammates and coaches and toward their whole Carolina experience in general and then reducing all of that to "spouting the company line." But even if you do see it that way, I'd still say it a pretty good company and a pretty good line...
I’m not a Walmart fan. That’s the distinction.

Carolina way in your mind equals shit talking former players?

this is telling.

those of us who actually attended UNC (or some other school) and got to know and like various athletes via classes and social activities most definitely did/do care about them.

they're regular people deserving of respect and care just like anyone else.
Yet there is a sizable number of posters who have no problem bad mouthing players. No thanks

Back